Eskom is in desperate need of a rescue plan

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Eskom is in desperate need of a rescue plan

Six months ago, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa said the country’s indebted power utility would be split in three, it would get new leadership and its debt wouldn’t become a burden on the nation’s finances.

Instead, an initial bailout has been increased by 59 billion rand ($4.2 billion), no plan has been announced to restructure the overstaffed company and the finance minister says government borrowing will surge and taxes may rise. [Bloomberg]

gamer16

Honorary Master
Eskom has been veeeeery good for the media I just realized.

ConfusedR

Trump was right.
Africa is full of "**** hole" countries.
South Africa was once seen as the 1st world country of Africa. Now it is just another "**** hole" country. Proudly brought to you by the ANC and the ANC voters...............EFF, as a matter of fact, will not do any better.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Trump was right.
Africa is full of "**** hole" countries.
South Africa was once seen as the 1st world country of Africa. Now it is just another "**** hole" country. Proudly brought to you by the ANC and the ANC voters...............EFF, as a matter of fact, will not do any better.
Right

And what is the common denominator in of of Africa?

It's their fault.

Then people wonder why they are hated so much.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
African problem solving 101

Throw tax payers money at it until it's fixed but don't fix it.

The anc has a history of throwing money around except where it's needed.

And dumb cvnts still vote and support them

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
I've said it before, giving Eskom a bailout without any conditions is like organizing a drug addict a paid-for personal dealer & saying ok now we're going to start cleaning you up.

Government has blinked, the unions have tasted blood, there'll be no more backing down now they will slowly suffocate the business until there's no breath left.

And lets face it, RamaFlipFlop may tryna talk tough but he's no Maggie Thatcher, does anyone even think he's really in charge anymore?

Blue Shirt

And lets face it, RamaFlipFlop may tryna talk tough but he's no Maggie Thatcher, does anyone even think he's really in charge anymore?
Ramadingdong is a founder member of NUM and a unionist at heart. He made his billions through being at the right time in the right place when BEE started to be a thing, but he is no capitalist when it comes to other people's money.

CB40

I'm also in desperate need of a rescue plan bailout.:mad:

Anyone want to start a crowdfund for me..oh sorry wrong people to ask. Will go speak to the ANC assholes