Eskom load-shedding back after three months

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

Eskom has announced it will implement stage 2 load-shedding on Thursday and Friday night to replenish depleted emergency generation reserves following breakdowns at several power stations.

"Stage 2 load-shedding will be implemented starting tonight from 21:00 to 05:00 in the morning, and will again resume on Friday night at 21:00 to 05:00 on Saturday morning," Eskom stated.

The announcement comes after the utility warned on Thursday morning that it might have to implement load-shedding at short notice.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

Eskom has announced it will implement stage 2 load-shedding on Thursday and Friday night to replenish depleted emergency generation reserves following breakdowns at several power stations.

"Stage 2 load-shedding will be implemented starting tonight from 21:00 to 05:00 in the morning, and will again resume on Friday night at 21:00 to 05:00 on Saturday morning," Eskom stated.

The announcement comes after the utility warned on Thursday morning that it might have to implement load-shedding at short notice.
non da vf+ voters at it again. the looting and sabotage must flow.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Same day as COSATU strikes...well, what do you know.

Luckily here in CPT we are still considering IF there will be ANY shedding. Not that I would notice...my systems at home have been in place for years already.
You should have taken down those sabotaging statues.

Lupus

Honorary Master
All bs / manipulation tactics, but expect a few expertly chris and ted articles. While we at that add some wind and solar biblical beaters.
Well they keep saying that renewables will save us, but forgetting when there is no sun or wind?

Tinuva

The Magician
Don't for a second regret starting my solar installation next week now.
Yup, I am very happy mine was installed this year. Already it is sometimes a surprise when there is shedding and had no time to keep up with news.