Eskom load shedding stage 1 begins

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Eskom load shedding begins

Eskom has started with the first stage of load shedding and warned that it will continue until 20:00 on Friday (21 November 2014).

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Lol, was just talking to a buddy of mine last night who works for a company that contracts for Eskom and he told me how nothing is getting any maintenance because they cannot afford to shut a single thing down. I guess this is going to just start happening more and more when things start to break.

K

kingrob

Lol, was just talking to a buddy of mine last night who works for a company that contracts for Eskom and he told me how nothing is getting any maintenance because they cannot afford to shut a single thing down. I guess this is going to just start happening more and more when things start to break.

I think Eskom bargained on Medupi to have been online by now, but instead the existing network is even put under more pressure.

It just cannot end well and I shiver when I think how our economy is falling apart because of this.

K

kingrob

When I was in my local Pick&Pay now, the power went out.

The women screamed like crazy, cos it's quite a big store and dark in the back.

I hope this was the last one. :(

JStrike

Honorary Master

Eskom said 5 years ago that this was going to start happening. It was a known effect of their "keeping the light on at all cost" approach.

konfab

Honorary Master
bf5.jpg

I am not surprised.

They should rather implement load shedding at times when it is the least inconvenient(like during the weekends) and get their maintenance up to date.

kdub

1000MW was obviously not enough to cover the problem so now they are shedding up to 2000MW from the grid.