Eskom load shedding update: Monday 16 February

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
And as always:During stage one blackouts 1000MW of the national load is cut, 2000MW during stage two, and 4000MW in stage three.

xumwun

Expert Member
I think somebody needs to make a browser extension to delete that phrase.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
I think somebody needs to make a browser extension to delete that phrase.
No. We just all make a blood oath to track down the responsible individual, and show his browser history to his parents. :twisted:

Ianf1

Expert Member
Can't the journalists get some info of were Ekom is with the maintenance. EG when are they going to fix the coal silo by? What or how many units need to be taken down for proper planned maintenance how far are they away from completing that?
I just feel Eskom have us by the gonads and aren't getting anywhere except to make our lives a misery.
:twisted:

ch@rge

And as always:During stage one blackouts 1000MW of the national load is cut, 2000MW during stage two, and 4000MW in stage three.
Sorry guys, but I'm just struggling to get this concept... Could someone explain this in more detail to me please.

Valerion

Expert Member
Can't the journalists get some info of were Ekom is with the maintenance. EG when are they going to fix the coal silo by? What or how many units need to be taken down for proper planned maintenance how far are they away from completing that?
I just feel Eskom have us by the gonads and aren't getting anywhere except to make our lives a misery.
:twisted:
You really think they will give an honest answer to that question? In any event, the coal silo is a "National Key Point" and journalists are not allowed to ask questions about that.

j4ck455

Executive Member
EG when are they going to fix the coal silo by?
Rebuilding that coal silo will not change anything: the coal silo collapsing was a symbolic wakeup call for the country.

Since then it has become abundantly clear that Eskom has neglected to do any meaningful preventative maintenance over the last 20 years on all of the power stations and related infrastructure, and the smallest of problems now results in load shedding because multiple power stations are constantly out of action.

Eskom's former CEO, Brian Dames knew this was coming and he resigned with a golden handshake just before the silo and everything else collapsed.

Basically Eskom's management and employees have been pocketing tax payers' money and doing no work in return.

Even if the new power stations (that are still not ready) came online today, those new power stations would still need the older neglected power stations to feed the grid, especially when the hydra-like design and construction flaws start to rear their ugly heads.

Eskom has also micro managed the construction of the new power stations which means that Eskom is 100% to blame for everything that has gone wrong with those new power stations and the multi-billion Rand overspend as well as the fact that these power stations should have been completed years ago.

Nearly all of the blame for all of this can be traced back to the cANCer government that allowed this to happen over the last 20 years at Eskom which is a critical state owned company.

Ianf1

Expert Member