Eskom load shedding update: Wednesday 11 February

SYNERGY

Executive Member
National Loadshedding?

A good number of suburbs had power (that are not on the national key list).

bekdik

Honorary Master
Why does Cape Town call it Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3A and Stage 3B, when it obviously should be 1, 2, 3, 4 because stage 1 = 1 area, 2 = 2 areas, 3A = 3 areas and 3b = 4 areas.

Petty propaganda doesn't impress.

eg2505

Honorary Master
is the old bus starting already? got to go get candles......

even though were next to essential infustructure (major hospital) we still get 'shedded everyday......

MickZA

Executive Member
even though were next to essential infustructure (major hospital) we still get 'shedded everyday......
Was visiting a relative in St Georges hospital here in PE during the pre-xmas load shedding.

When I was leaving I noticed the lights dip for about a second whilst waiting for the lift and was amazed to discover that load shedding was in effect when I got to the first set of robots - the switchover to backup power in the hospital had been seamless and otherwise unnoticeable during my journey from the 3rd floor and out to the carpark.

Jola

Honorary Master
So my power went off at 14:00, but as per the schedule it should go off at 18:00.

Doesn't look as if they are using any schedules, they just cut it at random.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Was visiting a relative in St Georges hospital here in PE during the pre-xmas load shedding.

When I was leaving I noticed the lights dip for about a second whilst waiting for the lift and was amazed to discover that load shedding was in effect when I got to the first set of robots - the switchover to backup power in the hospital had been seamless and otherwise unnoticeable during my journey from the 3rd floor and out to the carpark.
definitely gennies are awesome; but they cant be totally relied on as IS can attest.......
there DC went down the other week due to load shedding; not a nice thing as somebody got to pay handsomely for this;

with us the hospital keeps going; as its a major infustructure, but you always wait to hear the horror stories afterwards; operations cancelled,
x rays not working, floods in the basement levels; even with a working gennie, shorted out equipment; just chaos all around;

I thought living next ot a hospital should prevent us being shed; seems to not be the case.......

eg2505

Honorary Master
So my power went off at 14:00, but as per the schedule it should go off at 18:00.

Doesn't look as if they are using any schedules, they just cut it at random.
ask the load shedding sangoma, to roll the bones on a map, where the bones land that area will be shed......:D

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Why do we have so little and intermittent load shedding? Surely this again is a sign that ESKOM is just keeping the lights on as best they could? No real and proper maintenance can be taking place during intermittent Stage 1 load shedding.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Why do we have so little and intermittent load shedding? Surely this again is a sign that ESKOM is just keeping the lights on as best they could? No real and proper maintenance can be taking place during intermittent Stage 1 load shedding.
I'm guessing they do not have the manpower to utilise loadshedding properly

eg2505

Honorary Master
I'm guessing they do not have the manpower to utilise loadshedding properly
or decided to employ a sangoma;:D

if they honestly believe load shedding is due to apartheid maybe its true.....

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
My group has no stage 1 load shedding today. Yesterday evening I got hit though.