Eskom load-shedding warning - 14,925MW breakdowns and 4,759MW maintenance

MirageF1

Executive Member
Well, not surprising, it's been months since we had LS, so not totally unexpected.

Not sure what's worse. No heat in winter or no fans to relieve heat in summer!

tcofran

Expert Member
Where is that "buy an electric car" article that i saw on here ??

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
generator envy?
I'm surprised there isn't a f1 style pit crew gang of thieves who steal Generators.

so CIT is easier i guess.

more like generator pity, I have an inverter, he is an annoyance with his tractor sounding gnerator running till all hours

eg2505

Honorary Master
Where is that "buy an electric car" article that i saw on here ??
having a lot of fun there, and why SA has a long way to even think about the possibility, we will have EV's driving around.

eg2505

Honorary Master
more like generator pity, I have an inverter, he is an annoyance with his tractor sounding gnerator running till all hours
noise cancelling headphones?
does wonders for the doef doef crowd that party over weekends.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Great, can finally test my solar systems at home and at the office...

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
noise cancelling headphones?
does wonders for the doef doef crowd that party over weekends.

why should I buy or wear headphones because of someone elses actions? how is a baby for example meant to wear noise cancelling headphones?

eg2505

Honorary Master
why should I buy or wear headphones because of someone elses actions? how is a baby for example meant to wear noise cancelling headphones?
fair point, people are inconsiderate, but what else are you supposed to do? smash their Generator to bits with a sledgehammer?

joker08

Expert Member

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
That's a bit more then 30% considering that the EAP hasn't been above 62% for months.

Its closer to 35% of the "overall" capacity of Eskom... depending on what is actually offline, it could be ever closer to 50% of the coal fleet.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
079df238c31f490ebe6380acf48693ca.jpg

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
fair point, people are inconsiderate, but what else are you supposed to do? smash their Generator to bits with a sledgehammer?

Invest in a more viable solution xD why do you need to run your 7.5kVa generator until 1am? I know for a fact they dont work from home or anything like that, they get home at a very reasonable time, can do dinner, baths tv relaxation time etc etc comfortably and not annoy everyone else until all hours. The power will even come back on, and it will be like 2 hours before they turn the genny off, as if they dont want to interrupt their movie, games etc