Eskom plans massive electricity cut in South Africa

Jola

Honorary Master
I once chatted to a Professional welder. The gent had done work from all over the world. He explained to me that certain pipes had to be welded by a team of two welders simultaneously - one welding the join on the outside and one on the inside. That way the heat gets distributed evenly and the two welds are done on a join with the same expansion.
According to him - his company lost the contract for a job at Medupi to another company - who cut costs by only using one welder at a time. First doing the inside, and then the outside. First operational test they did - the weld popped like a overcooked vienna.
Hmm, yes, heard similar reports. Major problems with welding quality.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I wonder how many people are enjoying free power due illegal connections.

Must be astronomical. Combine that with corruption and mismanagement and we have massive steaming pile of shyte.
My neighbour's prepaid box just stopped working one day, electricity units were on zero but he was still getting power, went to Eskom to report many times, called and eventually got tired and left it like that, occasionally the box will spring into life and he can load some electricity but most of the time it's not working, I don't know to if Eskom eventually sorted him out, My sisters water meter is doing the same thing and no one is interested at the municipality.

cavedog

Honorary Master
#PowerAlert : #Eskom will implement stage 2 #loadshedding from 09:00 to 22:00. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
It's that time of year again. They are in negotiations for the increase next year, so operation strangle is in full force again. They play the load-shedding game in order to extort the increase they want.
And today is your last day to get in an objection to the increase.

Alan

Honorary Master
Hmmm about 2000 megawatts you say? There's an entire suburb who owes you billions, cut them first, then work your way through. It's weird how I hardly ever notice them on loadshedding, just the paying municipalities.
well there is the risk of having substations destroyed in retaliation....

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Just about when the decision on the increases is made. Funny coincidence that.
Yip .... and this is going to leave a great impression on the international visitors coming to our sunny shores during December and January.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
Yip .... and this is going to leave a great impression on the international visitors coming to our sunny shores during December and January.
Well lets hope at least some of them are (former) potential investors who make the reasons for their change of heart exceptionally clear to the powers that be.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
Eskom doesn't have enough cash to buy coal and diesel. Also, they lost the Cahora Bassa lines yesterday, cutting 700MW of power.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Eskom doesn't have enough cash to buy coal and diesel. Also, they lost the Cahora Bassa lines yesterday, cutting 700MW of power.
Because they have too many employees and too much of it was spend wastefully or on overpriced product, sometimes not meeting quality requirements.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Kindly can those ANC supporters tell me why they keep on supporting the ANC when it is clear that the ANC have absolutely no idea on how to manage SoC's properly?