Eskom plans massive electricity cut in South Africa

smkungfu

Exactly. I work with Artisans and the skill level out there ? Pathetic. Here and there some old hands, but otherwise it's disgusting how the trade took a dump.
Yeah I've noticed this as well. They can't even use basic hand tools like hammers or spanners, but he's qualified. WTF!

porchrat

Honorary Master
We just read an article the other day saying their profits were down 89% due to lack of sales yet they can't guarantee a constant supply in the environment of reduced sales.

It's ridiculous.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
what happened to the new plants that just came online recently?
As far as I recall they had plenty spare capacity as demand has dropped off a cliff.
So why all the load shedding... must be time to ask for another increase:unsure:
That was before the retrenchment announcement.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
We just read an article the other day saying their profits were down 89% due to lack of sales yet they can't guarantee a constant supply in the environment of reduced sales.

It's ridiculous.
Am I right in thinking that the solution to poor sales is NOT to increase prices, but to cut them?

And in any case WTF did they think was going to happen when they keep cutting electricity and putting the prices up? Of course people are going to install gas / solar alternatives to keep their house running when there is no electricity for hours and days on end, and a natural reaction to the increases is to cut consumption to stop your bills spiralling out of control.

None of which ESKOM seems to pay the least bit of attention to. Isn't the fix sales 101 - How To Attract Customers?

porchrat

Honorary Master
Am I right in thinking that the solution to poor sales is NOT to increase prices, but to cut them?
I'm just pointing out that Eskom is telling us they can't supply at the current rate of consumption, so we need to cut back on our usage, but at the same time is complaining that they're struggling because sales are low.

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

If they can't supply at the current rate what is the point of trying to change their pricing model to increase sales... increased sales creating a demand they can't meet? It's insanity.

Peon

Expert Member
But wait, there's more! Order now and we will include CR's war room to deal with Eskom.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
CR will institute a commission of enquiry that will report back next year December.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master

And in any case WTF did they think was going to happen when they keep cutting electricity and putting the prices up? Of course people are going to install gas / solar alternatives to keep their house running when there is no electricity for hours and days on end, and a natural reaction to the increases is to cut consumption to stop your bills spiralling out of control.

None of which ESKOM seems to pay the least bit of attention to. Isn't the fix sales 101 - How To Attract Customers?
No, leave prices alone but cut the costs - dramatically.

Cut up the contracts with corrupt and crooked BEE coal providers
Cut the workforce in half, from management down to janitors

Then maybe Eskom will be okay. But we all know what will happen if they cut the work force in half - riots

Mila

Honorary Master
Kindly can those ANC supporters tell me why they keep on supporting the ANC when it is clear that the ANC have absolutely no idea on how to manage SoC's properly?
Because apartheid.

The story behind kusile and Medupi isn’t told as well.
The wastage eskom is enabling is due to their own lack of leadership and political will.
They employed thousands of part time workers and just rolled over for evey demand now that most of the work is done they sabotage and strike if there is talks about laying off redundant staff.
Eskom ( AnC) is scared of the voters so there are thousands of people being ‘employed’ to do nothing.

Mila

Honorary Master
That is why when the Chinese do a building project they bring their own labour and when things are done they are shipped off.
No dealing with people demanding to be employed to do nothing.
You are a brick layer. There are no more bricks to lay. Thank you for your work .. bye.. Squirrel is useless.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
That is why when the Chines do a building project they bring their own labour and when things are done they are shipped off.
No dealing with people demanding to be employed to do nothing.
You are a brick layer. There are no more bricks to lay. Thank you for your work .. bye.. Squirrel is useless.
Only for certain things...

In other cases, the workers are brought in and then left here...

Peon

Expert Member
Correct me if im wrong. But I dont see any sources online really that detail how they are going to effectively fix this issue. There appears to be alot of hot air from the politicians yet somehow I suspect senior management in eskom is pooping broken glass at the moment. I doubt we getting the full picture.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Kindly can those ANC supporters tell me why they keep on supporting the ANC when it is clear that the ANC have absolutely no idea on how to manage SoC's properly?
Doubt you would get a response, if you do it would be full of excuses
They will keep on voting for their beloved party no matter what, the anc voters all support corruption and are 100% fine with it