Eskom plans massive electricity cut in South Africa

Mila

Honorary Master
Only for certain things...

In other cases, the workers are brought in and then left here...
not really their permits expire.
But yes like one of the big ones in communication company that employ with out permits and pay officials for fake documents.

The problem do exist that Chinese employees are productive.

But if you look at the rest of africa. They build, use, take the resources and leave. They are not here for the sunshine. Minerals. To feed the Chinese market.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
My neighbour's prepaid box just stopped working one day, electricity units were on zero but he was still getting power, went to Eskom to report many times, called and eventually got tired and left it like that, occasionally the box will spring into life and he can load some electricity but most of the time it's not working, I don't know to if Eskom eventually sorted him out, My sisters water meter is doing the same thing and no one is interested at the municipality.
That's because neither of them have burnt a school down yet.

You know for anyone to even notice there has to be actual flames..

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
No, leave prices alone but cut the costs - dramatically.

Cut up the contracts with corrupt and crooked BEE coal providers
Cut the workforce in half, from management down to janitors

Then maybe Eskom will be okay. But we all know what will happen if they cut the work force in half - riots
Well yes for ESKOM specifically but in general principles?

Klipdrif

Are we going to get discount on outlr taxes now? You know, having to kek out money for yet another service our shethole government cannot manage and provide? I am sooooo over it.

daveza

Honorary Master
Eskom says strain on the system, please use sparingly.

When we use sparingly they say they are not generating enough income so will have to put the price up.

:unsure:

Crossing_Swords

I'm sure that if they get their exorbitant price increase everything will magically be okay and it will be business as usual. Well, until the next dramatic price increase request, then, boom, load shedding.

lsheed_cn

Expert Member
Are we going to get discount on outlr taxes now? You know, having to kek out money for yet another service our shethole government cannot manage and provide? I am sooooo over it.
Exactly, we get charged a daily fee for electricity. Should be pro rata so that we get refunded when its off. That would incentivize them to fix things...

krycor

Honorary Master
Summer + recession and still load shedding. LMFAO @ the ANC & Eskom.. fun times ahead

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Exactly, we get charged a daily fee for electricity. Should be pro rata so that we get refunded when its off. That would incentivize them to fix things...
This has been a bone of contention for me since I started paying for services. ANY other company - no service, no fee - but anything government - tough titty you just pay whether you get service or not.

Ditto for when they owe you money. I owe them and BOOM my supply is cut off and I get charged interest, but if they dick me around and make me wait - no penalty, no interest, nothing.

adielk

Expert Member
Yet electricity usage lower and thus they should have excess electricity?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yet electricity usage lower and thus they should have excess electricity?
They are not using Diesel Turbines and Water schemes to minimize or prevent loadshedding during the week. You can imagine even with these emergency supplies we still had Stage 2 loadshedding so they are really starting to fall short. If the emergency reserves deplete we will probably see stage 3 if some power plants are not brought back online because the water needs to be pumped back taking those emergency reserves offline.

They did mention they have over 10 000 MW of unplanned technical faults and trips. Eskom should really get those units back online asap of t's going to be a tough week when water schemes and diesel generators needs to be refilled and fueled.

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
Eskom it's too early to send out April fool's jokes. You know, it generally goes out close to 1st April