Eskom revealed its load-shedding forecast for the next year

mylesillidge

Journalist
Eskom load-shedding forecast 2022 — expect at least 25 days of power cuts

South Africa's indebted state-owned power utility expects running costs for its diesel-fed turbines, which are used to keep the lights on when coal-powered plants break down, to surge as it struggles to keep up with maintenance.

Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd. sees about a third of its coal-fired capacity being unavailable at any one time under a most likely scenario, it said last week in a presentation to the National Economic Development and Labour Council, which groups business, government and labour union representatives.

I wonder if they get distributor pricing or if they pay wholesale prices including all the road taxes etc.

If they do, why not move over to Jet-A? It's much less expensive

Eskom confirmed they pay R4.50/kWh so converted to litres, about R15. They get wholesale diesel prices from the refineries.

Hmmm I was under the impression the BFP was lower than that for diesel

Should take this with a bag of salt like the weather forecast. They predicted 80% for the day before yesterday but nothing came. Then they changed it for the night but still nothing. Yesterday evening it started raining a bit. My nose is a better predictor.

Just had to take gas and batteries etc to my mom on a plot in the NW....day 4 no power...
Local substation blew up apparently when the power came back on Tuesday after loadshedding....
Seems thats becoming a nationwide trend now...Power comes back on but then its off for days!
Expect more of this....
(reluctant to fit solar as she is nearby a squatter camp so you know whats going to happen...)

Just had to take gas and batteries etc to my mom on a plot in the NW....day 4 no power...
Local substation blew up apparently when the power came back on Tuesaday after loadshedding....
Seems thats becoming a nationwide trend now...
Expect more of this....
(reluctant to fit solar as she is nearby a squatter camp so you know whats going to happen...)
Tuesday last week? As load shedding stopped on Sunday.

Tuesday last week? As load shedding stopped on Sunday.
True....Im not sure if it was a localised bit of load shedding or they shut off power for whatever reason but that's that...It getting pretty common round here for the power to randomly go out for a few hours at a time...

True....Im not sure if it was a localised bit of load shedding or they shut off power for whatever reason but that's that...It getting pretty common round here for the power to randomly go out for a few hours at a time...
So either a fault or load reduction? As load shedding isn't localised.

Lol..whatever:laugh:...
Point is the power went off...came back on...blew up something...No more power for days...
:laugh:
No no, load shedding is a power outage, but not all power outages are load shedding. Our infrastructure is so shoddy someone sneezes and the substations trip, it's not load shedding, it's just shoddy maintenance.

Eskom load-shedding forecast 2022 — expect at least 25 days of power cuts

South Africa's indebted state-owned power utility expects running costs for its diesel-fed turbines, which are used to keep the lights on when coal-powered plants break down, to surge as it struggles to keep up with maintenance.

Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd. sees about a third of its coal-fired capacity being unavailable at any one time under a most likely scenario, it said last week in a presentation to the National Economic Development and Labour Council, which groups business, government and labour union representatives.
As pointless as ****ing to save virginity.

No no, load shedding is a power outage, but not all power outages are load shedding. Our infrastructure is so shoddy someone sneezes and the substations trip, it's not load shedding, it's just shoddy maintenance.
Or extended problems as a result of load shedding.

Back