Eskom ruling: Blacks come first

BTTB

Eskom ruling: Blacks come first

Black people must be selected over coloured and other ethnic groups in terms of affirmative action.
I say take it to the Constitutional Court.
This is hypocrisy!

As a White Guy in South Africa it is hard to get to grips with the blatant disregard for human rights with AA, but it has been drummed into us to accept it and carry on, so be it.
But now to tell the coloured folks that they are not black enough to get jobs is just plain ridiculous to the extreme, but anticipated.
We all knew it was so, but now it is in black and white. Pun intended.

Last edited:

fergus

Expert Member
That is so hypocritical. Can the coloured people help it that they were treated only marginally better than the blacks?

antowan

Honorary Master
One year from now our first matriculants will be coming out of the new schools system where everybody were supposed to have had the same opportunities. Will the white kids who were 6 or 7 years old in 1994 now also have to face AA? The white kids who had black classmates and studied at the same school etc. Will it be fair to hold them back simply based on skin colour? To me that would constitute a new era of discrimination. The era of REVERESE DISCRIMINATION. It has in fact already started with young white people who didn't have the vote during Apartheid because they were too young. In the last example however it can be argued that the white kids had better access to schools etc.

AA is too large an idea to be fairly implimented. Especially in a country that cannot even manage something as supposedly simple as running above board vehicle licencing offices. We know the state of the situation... How can we trust such a life affecting regulation like AA to be fair?

It is impossible.

Last edited:

mccrack

Expert Member
As a coloured person i dont want my future kids growing up in this enviroment.
I'm doing my time in the U.K soon and then going too seek emmigration to a happier place.

Over the last couple of weeks this place has just sickened me.
My father who has recently retired was taxed a sh1tload off his pensions, and even then he could only
draw a third of it.

My mother cant even get pension because my dad had a private pension through his company.

</RANT>

Sorry, went off topic a bit :D

Last edited:

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
This stuff really sickens me too! My father, who is coloured(my mom is white, not that it matters), was exciled during the dark days of Apartheid, had his passport taken away from him and made stateless, whilst in England, which is where he met my mom.

Since returning here in 1994, do you think that AA has helped him or my family one little bit!? No. Way.

Utterly Ridiculous Situation.

AA like this is not the way forward for this country

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
antowan said:
One year from now our first matriculants will be coming out of the new schools system where everybody were supposed to have had the same opportunities. Will the white kids who were 6 or 7 years old in 1994 now also have to face AA? The white kids who had black classmates and studied at the same school etc. Will it be fair to hold them back simply based on skin colour? To me that would constitute a new era of discrimination. The era of REVERESE DISCRIMINATION.

Well said!

JStrike

Honorary Master
antowan : The problem is the schools black kids have gone to for the past 10 years are rubish, and due to historical reasons, their parents could not have afforded to send them to better ones. My parents, due to historical reasons, were able to send my to one of the great schools. And due to the schools name, the OBU, the good university I went to, my parents contacts in the business world, I got a job with rediculous ease. As did *every, single one* of my friends.

Whites are very, very far from being disadvantaged. AA tries to fix this imbalance (But comes nowhere close to succeeding).

Still think AA should be reviewed and implemented differently though

Hastur

I've said it before and I'll say it again. APARTHEID IS ALIVE AND WELL IN SA, the boot is just on the other foot. The rest of the world won't or can't see or do anything since it is now the majority who are repressing all other majority groups.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Jstrike sounds like ur one of the lucky white kids not every white kid got parents with contacts in the business world. Remember there are also a lot of poor white people that also struggled during the apartheid years those parents got no contacts in the business world what about them ?

And what about the coloured people what this thread is actually, almost all of them struggled during apartheid why are they being treated like this. This is just apartheid with a different name no matter how u try and make excuses for it.

mccrack

Expert Member
Agreed DS,

The coloured folk always seem to get the crap end of the stick.

Hastur

The problem is the schools black kids have gone to for the past 10 years are rubish
That is not the entire truth. The majority of former white only schools now have a greater portion of their students being from a non-white racial group.

I amlucky enough to have a job that allows me to send my kids to a private school in our area. The ratio is 6 (Other Races) to 2 (white).

The only ones who are truly at a disadvantage are those who live in the rural areas and very small towns, but then that has always been the case and will not change until there are more and better teachers in those areas.

The problem is not only with education but with attitude. If the attitude remains the same then we can look at things becoming the same as Zimbabwe. Blacks will continue to get the jobs they may not have the experience or qualifactions required, but are employed because of their skin colour. (I don't know about other people, but I don't want to get a job just because of my skin colour, but rather because I'm the best possible person for the job)

tibby.dude

Executive Member
mccrack said:
The coloured folk always seem to get the crap end of the stick.
Well because they are stupid and vote for fools ... first the Nats and now the ID.

mccrack

Expert Member
I'm sorry,

The coloured Seer's forgot to mention that the ID would betray them.

I'll make a special note in future to refer them to yours tibby.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
Hastur said:
The majority of former white only schools now have a greater portion of their students being from a non-white racial group.
Non-whites still form the minority of pupils at these schools as parents don't live in close proximity to these schools unless they have moved into the suburbs and the school fees are rather higher compared to traditional black schools.

Drive throught you average suburbs on a Sunday morning and you will see our racial demographics have not changed much since 1994.

Moederloos

Honorary Master
tibby.dude said:
Non-whites still form the minority of pupils at these schools as parents don't live in close proximity to these schools unless they have moved into the suburbs and the school fees are rather higher compared to traditional black schools.

Drive throught you average suburbs on a Sunday morning and you will see our racial demographics have not changed much since 1994.
agreed. unless of course the schools in my area are outside said "majority" of schools.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
Moederloos said:
agreed. unless of course the schools in my area are outside said "majority" of schools.
True Moederloos.

I serve on the school board of formerly whites only school and that is simply my impressions in dealing with others in the educational sphere in my area.

My views could not be full complete picture countrywide but then Cape Town and Western Cape is an odd province as we all know by now :).

ajak

Expert Member
I say, as I have said in many of my threads, IF YOU CAN, GET THE HELL OUT, who needs this crap, people make a country, but if the gvt treats certain members of its community like Shiite(and they can find a better place for themselfs and their children overseas, they should leave.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
ajak said:
I say, as I have said in many of my threads, IF YOU CAN, GET THE HELL OUT, who needs this crap, people make a country, but if the gvt treats certain members of its community like Shiite(and they can find a better place for themselfs and their children overseas, they should leave.
So why are you still here then ???.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
tibby thats probably so in cape town in my street alone on both side of our house are black people opposite the street is indians. And then some white people.

But AA should have started with a timeframe. Lets say its the year 2015 and all the black people have jobs every company is 95% black will jobs still be advertised black only or blacks will stand a better chance ?