Eskom spent R2 billion less on diesel in April 2024 than it did in April 2023

mylesillidge

Journalist
Eskom cuts diesel spending

Eskom slashed its diesel usage in April, cutting spending from R3.1 billion in 2023 to R1.1 billion in 2024.

This was revealed by Eskom chairman Mteto Nyati, who told Newzroom Afrika that the utility has cut its diesel budget for the current financial year due to improved generation performance.

Eskom cuts diesel spending

Eskom slashed its diesel usage in April, cutting spending from R3.1 billion in 2023 to R1.1 billion in 2024.

This was revealed by Eskom chairman Mteto Nyati, who told Newzroom Afrika that the utility has cut its diesel budget for the current financial year due to improved generation performance.
What's encouraging is that Mteto Nyati is not an ANC member and has been quite critical of them in the past. So these numbers probably aren't thumbsucked.

After elections we will be back at Stage 4 loadshedding and burining R3.1 Billion in Diesel. Wait for it, this is the ANC afterall and nothing ever changes for the better with them running the show. They are just stealling a little bit less until elections, then after elections it's business like usual, but will have to make up for lost revenue and will put it in overdrive after elections.

Cool... Pass some of that saving over to the paying consumer...
R1.1bn still sounds like a shedload of diesel to me. At R22/litre it is 50 million litres, enough to fill an 80 litre tank 625 million times and drive 500 million km at 10km/litre. 2000km about for every taxi in SA, all 250 000 of them if diesel etc.

R1.1bn still sounds like a shedload of diesel to me. At R22/litre it is 50 million litres, enough to fill an 80 litre tank 625 million times and drive 500 million km at 10km/litre. 2000km about for every taxi in SA, all 250 000 of them if diesel etc.
50 million litres can fill 80l tank 625 million times :ROFL:

Eskom is also not saying it's smallernyana amount of diesel, but the DA and De Ruyter have been going around peddling lies about the use of diesel so Eskom is setting the record straight.

So again, just confirming - we're back to voting anc right? Loadshedding has ended (until 29 May), and we can now get free meds??

Just waiting for my t-shirt and kfc

Back