Eskom Stage 8 load-shedding could happen in 2021, Ted Blom warns

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

South Africans should brace themselves for the worst year of load-shedding yet in 2021, with Stage 8 being a possibility before the end of winter.

This is the view of power and mining expert Ted Blom, who spoke to the Free Market Foundation’s Chris Hattingh during the latest episode of the Free Marketeers podcast.

Blom’s warning comes after Eskom announced on Sunday it would have to continue with Stage 2 load-shedding. Blom subsequently provided his analysis of the utility’s situation and a prognosis for load-shedding in the next year.

Yes it is highly possible, but its also msy not be possible. Especially when he says that Eskom sheds more before they shed us.
He knows these figures are widely available via the Eskom portal and reported every night by the spokesperson? Unless he has some other magical portal that shows him different stats? So where is he getting that they are shedding 2Gw as well as ours? Sure back in September they did shed us and industries but it wasn't 2Gw it was 1.5Gw or so.
This round they've maybe shed 200Mw or a bit more.

I don't think he is totally wrong.
As he pointed out and I agree, Stage 6 definitely for brief periods.

However, I don't think we will go to Stage 8 unless something drastic happens.

96d9b8ed8533e77d0ee88d254c08da07.gif

I don't think he is totally wrong.
As he pointed out and I agree, Stage 6 definitely for brief periods.

However, I don't think we will go to Stage 8 unless something drastic happens.
Something drastic has already happened
The ANC are running ruining this country for the last 23 years !!!!!

South Africans should brace themselves for the worst year of load-shedding yet in 2021, with Stage 8 being a possibility before the end of winter.

This is the view of power and mining expert Ted Blom, who spoke to the Free Market Foundation’s Chris Hattingh during the latest episode of the Free Marketeers podcast.

Blom’s warning comes after Eskom announced on Sunday it would have to continue with Stage 2 load-shedding. Blom subsequently provided his analysis of the utility’s situation and a prognosis for load-shedding in the next year.
/perform 10x postrations to ted-jesus-blom

...may ted give us our daily bread

Back