Eskom threatens to take "appropriate measure" against Tshwane over R878 million bill

Hmm 355 Million owed by Gov departments to the CoT and they want to complain about the 908 million…

Might be even-steven soon on just those 2 departments not even to mention the rest:ROFL:

And here I was made to believe that it was the people from Soweto who don't pay their electricity bills...

R900m outstanding on R46bn of overdue municipal debt. I mean all overdue debt is bad, but who's the other R45.1bn... I already know the answer and that you'll write it off again, and you're trying to deflect the question hence a big noise about a 2% customer.

Why don't they start by taking appropriate action to reduce loadshedding?

CoT has previously complained about an outstanding debt of R17 billion for water, electricity, and property taxes owed by its residents and businesses.

Perhaps the below has something to with the the billions due:
Electricity theft out of control in Tshwane

Tshwane smart meter contract must be declared unlawful – Mayor​

Eskom should get erratic payments because we get erratic electricity supply!
Erratic payments started before loadshedding. So Eskom can argue there is erratic electricity supply BECAUSE of erratic payments (I they would be speaking 33.3% of the truth).

If Eskom turn off Tshwane would loadshedding still be needed?
Fortunately/unfortunately they can't do that because the court decided they cannot do it. https://www.groundup.org.za/article/eskom-loses-bid-cut-power-municipalities/
I say fortunately because I have family living in a delinquent municipality but they pay their bills and would be unfair to them to lose power because the muni is not paying over the money to Eskom.
Why don't they start by taking appropriate action to reduce loadshedding?
Because they need money to do that. Power plants don't build themselves.

1994... "Free Electric, Water, Toilets, Houses, Food, for life, our dear voters!"

Hmm 355 Million owed by Gov departments to the CoT and they want to complain about the 908 million…

Might be even-steven soon on just those 2 departments not even to mention the rest:ROFL:
How is that Eskom's problem?

Back