Eskom to investigate allegations of racism against De Ruyter

RaptorSA

Expert Member
"Tshitangano accused de Ruyter of removing suppliers owned by black South Africans without following proper procedures while affording extra leniency to suppliers with white owners."

Haai jirre, the irony. I can't even.
Also, is there a single person who didn't see this coming?

This guy is so black when he walks into a room everything turns to grayscale.
Just look at that f**ing face, just oozing pure trustworthiness and competence.

1615276738810.png

Nee jisses, solar panels it is.
RIP Eskom.

BBSA

Honorary Master
We would have been doing much better if the get out of jail free and the race card was not in oversupply in our beloved country.

Benedict A55h0le

I forsee a dark cold future for SA unless you have a pv system, but even then you will have to pay your social due for harvesting energy from the sun. It is going to be interesting to see how Eskom will structure their fees as more people go pv and all those that can`t go pv will be stuck paying Eskom. Those that have invested to be rid of Eskom will still be paying Eskom for "the possibility to connect to the grid".

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
There are no holy cows, all allegations should be investigated.
If you investigate all instances of that card being played the world would grind to a screeching halt as there will only be investigations and nothing else.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
He went after Solly Tshitangano to shutdown what was more than likely a patronage network and this is the result. This is the same guy under whose watch Eskom would've paid R236,000 for a mop.

Must be nice having the race card ace when you are caught being useless and a thief.

falcon786

Honorary Master
"Tshitangano accused de Ruyter of removing suppliers owned by black South Africans without following proper procedures while affording extra leniency to suppliers with white owners."

Haai jirre, the irony. I can't even.
Also, is there a single person who didn't see this coming?

This guy is so black when he walks into a room everything turns to grayscale.
Just look at that f**ing face, just oozing pure trustworthiness and competence.

View attachment 1033098

Nee jisses, solar panels it is.
RIP Eskom.

Why are you judging him by his colour or how his face looks?

That's racist,seriously you need to re-evaluate how you perceive people,don't be that guy.I have staff that look worse(more untrustworthy on face value) than this guy and yet they are extremely valuable to my business for many years so don't judge a book by it's cover.

That said though a good looking(by your standards) guy who we caught drinking on the job and was fired went to the CCMA and accused us of being racist, so yeah typical for a **** who gets caught doing crap at work and then fired to label you a racist.

It's far too easy unfortunately!Eventually after investigating and questioning other staff etc they threw his case out but it's still a headache and time consuming to prove your innocence while its simplicity itself for the accuser,I wish there was some punishment for false accusation in this country.

Last edited:

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict

Which companies was it that was punting brooms for R238k? Maybe that has something to do with his decision and the owner just happened to have black, seeing as BEE adds sooo much value to the value chain.

TimTDP

Expert Member
He will be out like Barnes (Post Office), so Eskom can collapse completely

Gazg

Lmfao........knew this bullshit was going to surface at some stage.

Gazg

De Ruyter: Trying to root out corruption and save Eskom
Eskom: RACE CARD!!

In all seriousness though, the "only brings Eskom into disrepute" brought me to the verge of tears from laughter!! Eskom has been in a state of disrepute for more than a decade now thanks to the continual interference by government to loot and plunder and steal! Glad to see the race card carries a much higher "disrepute" than corruption and theft!

VIVA ANC VIVA AFRICA

De Ruyter: Trying to root out corruption and save Eskom
Eskom: RACE CARD!!

In all seriousness though, the "only brings Eskom into disrepute" brought me to the verge of tears from laughter!! Eskom has been in a state of disrepute for more than a decade now thanks to the continual interference by government to loot and plunder and steal! Glad to see the race card carries a much higher "disrepute" than corruption and theft!

VIVA ANC VIVA AFRICA!
Well said........couldnt have said it any better myself.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Don't fool yourselves. If an incompetent white male manager could play the race card to deflect criticism they'd do so in a heartbeat. The standard modus operandi in days of old was to use subordinates as scapegoats.

The allegation not only brings Eskom into disrepute
That ship has sailed.

Apparently meritocracy is racist because the only thing that matters is an equality of outcome.
Objective meritocracy rarely exists out in the real world. There is almost always a subjective element.

Nereus77

The racism card always gets pulled when staff dont like management. I have seen it so many times.
At least that means he is doing something right about sorting out the mess.
That's it. Its the go-to flame-thrower. Its the revenge accusation of "You chucked me out, so now I'm going to make your life hell."

De Ruyter just needs to ensure he does everything by the book and keep his hands clean. Fixing Eskom will not be easy and looks impossible to most.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Eskom suspends chief procurement officer over 'non-performance in procurement savings'
Eskom has suspended its chief procurement officer, Solly Tshitangano, and will be instituting disciplinary action against him, following allegations of poor performance over the last year.
Andre de Ruyter, Eskom's group chief executive officer, confirmed to News24 that Tshitangano had been suspended because of his failure to turn around the company's procurement division. He was tasked with saving Eskom 4% of its annual spend of R140-billion on goods and services, but has been unable to do so.

"We have paid R80 000 for a single-padded knee guard. Those things go for R80 each at Builder's Warehouse. Those are the abuses that are still going on in the system. These are the instances we know about and I can only assume that there is a lot more. If you are a functionally responsive leader, you get into your car and sort those issues out."

Article