Eskom to investigate allegations of racism against De Ruyter

grok

Honorary Master
Why are you judging him by his colour or how his face looks?

Simply, because we are being judged by the color of our skins.

White born before 1994=racist
White born after 1994=racist
White born in 2021 & after=racist
White with impeccable struggle credentials like Zille=racist

All whites are clumped together when guilt for apartheid is dished out, or talk about reparations is held, or for AWC.

When ANC government steals, suddenly its elements of corruption within the ANC, mustn't judge everyone the same mkay.

Good for you to not discriminate, it's the way it should be, but don't expect me to comply when one side sommer decide they can't be racist and the rules don't apply equally to them. Just today the ANC NEC declared they will respect nambawan corrupt's non-compliance with the law.

I say **** that ****, the evidence is everywhere. I'm not saying you are a fool, but compliance is acceptance. I'll return to being non-racial when I am not judged on my race anymore.

Equality, bitches!

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
If they wanted to pay R238k for a mop and R80k for knee pads, Solly's target should not have been a 4% cost reduction but a 95% cost reduction.

And anyone who signed off on a R238k mop in the past must be fired and investigated for corruption.

upup

Executive Member
It is just as an 7 de laan sepie, there is people who love money, and this de Ryter is making trouble, he must go, not because he is saving Eskom, but because he make trouble for the baddies.

ghostRgg

"Tshitangano accused de Ruyter of removing suppliers owned by black South Africans without following proper procedures while affording extra leniency to suppliers with white owners."
The direct opposite of BEE though isn't it? Am I missing something?

Solarion

Honorary Master
The direct opposite of BEE though isn't it? Am I missing something?

Eskom is where the tyre hits the tarmac really. Playing race politics vs keeping Eskom afloat.

Funny that now Tshitangano wants to talk about proper procedures when under his watch wholescale corruption was still taking place.

I assume proper procedures means they thought they were safe because BEE gave them a license to kill and de Ruyter showed them the door.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Simply, because we are being judged by the color of our skins.

White born before 1994=racist
White born after 1994=racist
White born in 2021 & after=racist
White with impeccable struggle credentials like Zille=racist

All whites are clumped together when guilt for apartheid is dished out, or talk about reparations is held, or for AWC.

When ANC government steals, suddenly its elements of corruption within the ANC, mustn't judge everyone the same mkay.

Good for you to not discriminate, it's the way it should be, but don't expect me to comply when one side sommer decide they can't be racist and the rules don't apply equally to them. Just today the ANC NEC declared they will respect nambawan corrupt's non-compliance with the law.

I say **** that ****, the evidence is everywhere. I'm not saying you are a fool, but compliance is acceptance. I'll return to being non-racial when I am not judged on my race anymore.

Equality, bitches!

Race relations between black and white are completely and utterly f***ed.
It's obviously not just an SA thing... it's the West's favourite new toy and there's now way for this to go other than completely down the sh**ter.

Those who don't believe me, just look at this pearl that popped up on my YT last night.

The word shocking doesn't come close to covering it.
The fact that reparations for people who never experienced slavery is actually being considered in the US (I was waiting for this, since I knew this would come up under a Biden administration).

I can dissect this clip for hours, but safe to just say the "original sin" idea regarding white people has now come full circle (aka. a money shakedown, that's all this was ever about) and we're now seeing the logical conclusion to something that's been brewing for a long time.

Note the quote: "...no good is going to come to this country until they atone for their original sin".
That's gotta be one of the most racist things I've heard in a long time, on live TV, with millions watching, and a bunch of pussified whites not calling this out immediately but trying to find some kind of awkward middle ground. It's also quite literally a threat.
Completely ridiculous and not on my watch.
F**k that.

I think it's time for a serious discussion on whether it makes sense to keep pretending that we can co-exist together en masse.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Race relations between black and white are completely and utterly f***ed.
It's obviously not just an SA thing... it's the West's favourite new toy and there's now way for this to go other than completely down the sh**ter.

Those who don't believe me, just look at this pearl that popped up on my YT last night.

The word shocking doesn't come close to covering it.
The fact that reparations for people who never experienced slavery is actually being considered in the US (I was waiting for this, since I knew this would come up under a Biden administration).

I can dissect this clip for hours, but safe to just say the "original sin" idea regarding white people has now come full circle (aka. a money shakedown, that's all this was ever about) and we're now seeing the logical conclusion to something that's been brewing for a long time.

Note the quote: "...no good is going to come to this country until they atone for their original sin".
That's gotta be one of the most racist things I've heard in a long time, on live TV, with millions watching, and a bunch of pussified whites not calling this out immediately but trying to find some kind of awkward middle ground. It's also quite literally a threat.
Completely ridiculous and not on my watch.
F**k that.

I think it's time for a serious discussion on whether it makes sense to keep pretending that we can co-exist together en masse.
Looks like you think coexistence is somehow a choice where we can opt in or out?

Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Waste of money but I suppose it has to be done to clear him. Not that the detractors will accept an outcome that exonerates him. But I see it's worded as abuse of power now rather than narrow racism.
True, these investigations are like court cases, accept the outcomes that you like and reject the ones you don't with contempt.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Eskom suspends chief procurement officer over 'non-performance in procurement savings'

Article
And while at it... investigate Solly's finances too. Paying/Approving 80k for single padded knee guard as Procurement Officer, smells fishy to me..

And I have seen so many times, when blacks don't get their way in work place it's automatically racism.

Iwojima

Expert Member

I'm pretty confident De Ruyter will be cleared of any wrongdoing here - the investigation is required though.
He'll be cleared, however the issue is how much time, effort and cost is laid out for frivolous claims and how this takes away from focusing on fixing the finacial and supply issues at hand.

These are the same diversion tactics as employed by unhappy union leadership that have little interest in the ship being righted.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Waste of money but I suppose it has to be done to clear him. Not that the detractors will accept an outcome that exonerates him. But I see it's worded as abuse of power now rather than narrow racism.

I think Solly should be presented with a bill for all the costs involved in investigating this if it turns out to be a frivolous claim.

We need to puts financials consequences to these frivolous bullshyte claims if they turn out that way.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
And while at it... investigate Solly's finances too. Paying/Approving 80k for single padded knee guard as Procurement Officer, smells fishy to me..

And I have seen so many times, when blacks don't get their way in work place it's automatically racism.
I just want to make you aware that the position of Chief Procurement officer is at a very high level in the Eskom management. I think your understanding of what he does is slightly basic, he is not responsible for approving items like the R80k knee guard, he is responsible for the whole strategic direction of the group in terms of procurement.

In the case of the R80k knee guard he would be the guy who demands information from the relevant manager in that department and institute disciplinary proceedings if necessary. He does not sit there waiting to approve the purchase of every little thing at Eskom, as with every business, there are departments, they have their own budget and they take their own decisions in terms of spending.

He was not suspended because he approved a R80k knee guard, he was suspended for failing to bring the results in terms of the group strategy and goals in the procurement division.

grok

Honorary Master
He was not suspended because he approved a R80k knee guard, he was suspended for failing to bring the results in terms of the group strategy and goals in the procurement division.

Yeah, probably because, as group procurement officer he failed to inspire his people to stop spending R80k on ****ing knee guards.. Lol!

blah99

Expert Member
'Spurious, defamatory' – Eskom's De Ruyter hits back over claims of abuse and racism
https://www.news24.com/news24/south...back-over-claims-of-abuse-and-racism-20210402

* R1.5 Billion recovered from ABB
* R177 Million recovered from Deloitte
* R108 Million claim against PwC consulting
* R3.5 Billion claim against the Guptas and former directors
* R1.2 Billion claim against Econ Oil

The incompetent racist.

Last edited: