Eskom to investigate allegations of racism against De Ruyter

Willem Wikkelspies

Executive Member
He's got this far. I think he's not about to give up now without a fight to the end.

He never took on the job for the money. He took the job that noone else wanted to do his best to rid ESKOM of the trash pulling it down with thievery, bribery, corruption etc.

Much respect for Andre de Ruyter.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Storey is paywalled and I ain't paying N24 a cent but none of the above could add up to a row of beans against the kryptonite accusation of racism against a whitey. We shall see; I reckon it's 50:50 he has to go / chooses to go or stays on. Exonerated completely; 25% chance I think.
I am not sure what you are saying but it looks like you are implying that there's little chance for him just because someone accused him of racism?

It's not going to be some trial by public opinion but a properly structured investigation by a respected Advocate, I doubt he engaged in racism so most probably he will be exonerated.

abzob

Honorary Master
He never took on the job for the money. He took the job that noone else wanted to do his best to rid ESKOM of the trash pulling it down with thievery, bribery, corruption etc.

How noble of him.

Oldfut

I am not sure what you are saying but it looks like you are implying that there's little chance for him just because someone accused him of racism?

It's not going to be some trial by public opinion but a properly structured investigation by a respected Advocate, I doubt he engaged in racism so most probably he will be exonerated.
Yup, that is what I am saying; similar to Etzebeth, Mallet & Botha, the Schweizer-Reneke teacher; off the top of my head, the burden of proof for white on black "racism" is low to non-existent. But you are right, I doubt he engaged in racism, it is an advocate (respected maybe) not the HSRC and the EFF and its fellow travelers haven't latched onto this. So 50:50. I can only think of one slightly publicised case where the accuser was found to be dishonest and may have been sanctioned, for the rest it just lingers. de Ruyter may just go the way of Vuyani Jarana and Mark Barnes; had enough. Mildly, I hope not.

grok

Honorary Master

The same 'respected law' that cannot act against Zuma, lol yeah riiiiigh the law under the ANC is not blind.

Milano

Honorary Master
Storey is paywalled and I ain't paying N24 a cent but none of the above could add up to a row of beans against the kryptonite accusation of racism against a whitey. We shall see; I reckon it's 50:50 he has to go / chooses to go or stays on. Exonerated completely; 25% chance I think.
Not at all. He stays. There is absolutely zero chance of him being found guilty. De Ruyter is virtually untouchable. That is how desperately they need him.

Oldfut

Not at all. He stays. There is absolutely zero chance of him being found guilty. De Ruyter is virtually untouchable. That is how desperately they need him.
With the "suspension" of the enquiry (whatever that means - it is not a "not guilty") you could well be right; for now.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
With the "suspension" of the enquiry (whatever that means - it is not a "not guilty") you could well be right; for now.
I just need to point out something, there were two enquiries happening, the Eskom one and the Parliament one, Parliament therefore decided to halt their enquiry to let Eskom to continue with it's one, having full confidence in the Eskom process.

The enquiry simply means that, an allegation was made and there should be a process to investigate and get to the bottom of it.

Milano

Honorary Master
In the words of myBlackPower or even Tito there were not many 'loyal Africans' wanting the position.

Perhaps loyalty is measured in tender profit by some :ROFL:

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur