Eskom wants tariff increase to recover load shedding losses

Varktjop

Expert Member
They can't provide us with stable electricity, but they want more money.. they can all go fck themselves

maumau

Honorary Master
No use arguing guys, you know they gonna get it ..... and more :mad:

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Only in this shthole would a company have the utter nerve and gall to demand increased fees to cover the time they DID NOT deliver a service. I have a friend who lives in the UK who thinks I am the biggest liar in the world when I tell him this sht.

eg2505

Honorary Master
somebody has to pour gravy into the petrol tank you guys...

somebodies BMW needs a Service as well.
and my Kids need to go to school in Switzerland
and I need to pay lobola for all the rest of my wives still,

so cough up SA, Otherwise I loadshed more...

wombling

Thats amazing. At first it was increase prices because of low demand. Now they want to be paid because they stopped doing their jobs. I wonder whats next.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Go for it - that'll make going off the grid a viable cost.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Just like the petrol price, it's something we just have to accept and pay. Whether we like it or not

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Just like the petrol price, it's something we just have to accept and pay. Whether we like it or not
Unlike Petrol, there are options when it comes to electricity... they are expensive, but if Eskom pushes prices much higher, the long term cost of the alternative options is cheaper than the existing Eskom option.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Economics 101 applies, there are many like my colleague who now have a full solar/battery setup and use minimal electricity from Eskom, if any at all. You can increase the cost of electricity to whatever you want, multiply it by zero and you still get zero.

Radorn

Look, I hate Eskom as much as the next guy, but this article is garbage.

Please read a proper one that explains everything much better.

Interesting enough, I was at a lecture from a CA about how the whole NERSA-Eskom thing is suppose to work. Was very interesting.

My takeaway from it was both Eskom and NERSA are useless.

newklear

Watched a segment with Jeremy Maggs yesterday on how all the Eskom Managers and Executives use their petrol cards for unlimited spending without any monitoring. The blatant corruption and misappropriation of funds is out of control. We need a new government, that is the only solution. This throwing of taxpayers money needs to stop, it is just increasing the greed!

Shaun108

Executive Member
No we actually do not. Go off-grid. Get out of your comfort zone and start with a tiny solar/inverter/batteries setup.

It all depends on how far you are willing to go.

konfab

Honorary Master
Unlike Petrol, there are options when it comes to electricity... they are expensive, but if Eskom pushes prices much higher, the long term cost of the alternative options is cheaper than the existing Eskom option.
I am very strongly considering going the solar option.

Don't give a fark about the environmental benefits, I just want to give the middle finger to the ANC.