Eskom wants taxpayers to take over most of its debt

lkswan747

Go play in the traffic Es scum. Us tax payers are not interested in supporting your thieving any longer. Embark on a staff reduction, reduce/freeze salaries and stop bonuses before expecting tax payers to bail you out. Good Golly miss Molly where did these people get there business sense from?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I'm down for it, the second you have transitioned to a lean mean efficiency machine. Lots of retrenchments need to happen first.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Get bent eskom... When senior execs are in jail and the stolen money is recovered then we will possibly have discussions...

OCP

Expert Member
They can go fornicate themselves sideways in traffic.

Instead of making the necessary unpopular tough decisions they want to continue their incompetent ways at our expense.

You wants a revolt? Keep pushing ****muppets.

LaraC

Honorary Master
Eskom regularly asks for bailout funds to get back on track. Even with the funds they were unable to do so.
It is a clear indication that their business plans are not working.
Throwing more money at the problem will not solve it. :(

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
The gall of these buggers. You ANC slime ran the utility into the ground and now the buck stops with us? Hell naw!

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
1565199836868.png
Don't worry, a 440bn increase would only bring it to ~R3.65tn. It's just a measly ~16.5% increase in debt, it should have no influence on our current 57.33% Debt as % of GDP.
1565199998343.png
It would only bring it up to a measly 66.7% debt as a % of GDP overnight.
1565200054897.png
I mean that's only fast tracking the ratio to hit ~5 years early and definitely would not cause investor flight.
https://commodity.com/debt-clock/southafrica/
It definitely wouldn't push up interest repayments to above the current ~18% levels to ~20%: https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/1725846/national-debt-soars-to-apartheid-era-levels/
It will be nice to have all that debt consolidated.

/s

TysonRoux

Expert Member
BS from a dumb fool, ......... and this is the Deputy President FFS.

Mabuza said power utility Eskom was struggling and government departments and entities were partly to blame for its financial woes
i.e. Dirty corrupt ANC goons were/are to blame, ............but the taxpayer must cough up.

Last edited:

John Tempus

Expert Member
Sure you can have my tax contributions in equal value shares issued to me.

Once the public become majority shareholder we fire the whole fking lot.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
We are carrying you in the form of tax which disgusts me as I never throw money away as the government is throwing my money away

yebocan

Executive Member
BS from a dumb fool, ......... and this is the Deputy President FFS.

i.e. Dirty corrupt ANC goons were/are to blame, ............but the taxpayer must cough up.
Don't trust him, at all .... Zuma V2 biding his time