Eskom wants to stop 4-hour load-shedding in Johannesburg

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator

Eskom wants to stop 4-hour load-shedding in Johannesburg

Eskom is working with Johannesburg City Power to reduce the duration of load-shedding in Johannesburg.

City Power customers in Johannesburg are the only ones to experience four-hour blocks of continuous load-shedding, the power utility said in a tweet.

“Due to the interconnectedness with City Power systems, Eskom is engaging with City Power to reduce the duration of load-shedding as only areas in Johannesburg are currently experiencing four-hour load-shedding,” Eskom said.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Oh, thank god.

Wait, let me rephrase...

Fsck Eskom, but thank god someone's finally realised how economically crushing four and a half hour load sheds in the business and financial capital of the country are.

Also, fsck Eskom.

Cray

Honorary Master
Always wondered about the 4 hour thing in JHB, do you guys have one 4 hour load shed per day on level 2?

RaptorSA

Expert Member
So given the face that our 4 hour sessions sometimes turns in to 16 hours sessions, I can now look forward to 8 hour shedding.

I can live with that.

Reactions: 3WA

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Can't have load shedding if you don't have electricity

260832909030212.png

Lupus

Honorary Master
Always wondered about the 4 hour thing in JHB, do you guys have one 4 hour load shed per day on level 2?
We may get one day off but then we get nailed with 2 sessions over a 12 hour period. I was nailed from 4am to 8.30am on Friday, then again from 8pm to midnight. I was hit last night from 4pm to 8.30pm and now I'm again sitting with 8am to 12:30pm.
On Wednesday it's 8am to 12:30pm again and then midnight to 4.30am. So yeah it sucks, who ever dreamed up the schedules really didn't think this through. The ones where we go from 9am to 23:00 aren't so bad, but these 24 hours a day ones. Last year stage 4 I basically could count the hours of electricity I had on my hand

R13...

Honorary Master
I see the east rand are saying hold my beer with a proposed schedule where people will be off at 6 hour slots.

Cray

Honorary Master
We may get one day off but then we get nailed with 2 sessions over a 12 hour period. I was nailed from 4am to 8.30am on Friday, then again from 8pm to midnight. I was hit last night from 4pm to 8.30pm and now I'm again sitting with 8am to 12:30pm.
On Wednesday it's 8am to 12:30pm again and then midnight to 4.30am. So yeah it sucks, who ever dreamed up the schedules really didn't think this through. The ones where we go from 9am to 23:00 aren't so bad, but these 24 hours a day ones. Last year stage 4 I basically could count the hours of electricity I had on my hand
Jesus, two four hour sessions in 12 hours, that is hectic. :eek:

greg0205

Honorary Master
I see the east rand are saying hold my beer with a proposed schedule where people will be off at 6 hour slots.
East Rand, huh?

Plenty old mines we could lure them into with Klippies and Coke and then seal the mine.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Load shredding sometimes sucks, but Cape Town has been doing the 2.5 hour rotating schedules right since 2008. And we get stage 1 relief from Steenbras pumped storage scheme too.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Bloody hell.... :oops:, that's insane.

I take back the horrible things I've said about Ethekwini load shedding, please don't do this to us in Durbs.

We get it twice most days but never more than two hours.
Often run down to my local PnP during a loadshed... No problem for them 'cos they're on generators, but the stores in the centre that aren't on generators simply close up shop and lose the best part of a day's trading.

It's insanity.

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
One tweet! One small tweet, and we privileged with a full blown myBB article including a MASSIVE advert occupying 10x the real-estate that initial tweet does.

Thank you. I feel informed and blessed.