Eskom warns that over 2,000 transformers are overburdened due to illegal connections and tampering

Problem is, those overburdened ones are probably in areas where we live as well. City Power never compensated for the increase in housing in the suburbs.

Problem is, those overburdened ones are probably in areas where we live as well. City Power never compensated for the increase in housing in the suburbs.
These are Eskom transformers, not City Power transformers.

That's extra work and you'll get stoned to death. Just leave the broken one there.
No they need to preserve those transformers as spares to replace mine if it ever legitimately breaks down. That's perfectly good equipment there. Go in with armed guards and remove them.

No they need to preserve those transformers as spares to replace mine if it ever legitimately breaks down. That's perfectly good equipment there. Go in with armed guards and remove them.
but they are burnt to a crisp from being overloaded and their oil stolen?

but they are burnt to a crisp from being overloaded and their oil stolen?
All the extra funds they save from not servicing the rubbish areas they can use to refurbish them. Don't be wasteful. Give my area 5 of them waiting as backups and it's going to last as spares for many years to come.

Back