Eskom will increase electricity prices in April

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator
Eskom will increase electricity prices in April

Eskom has announced that the price of electricity in South Africa will increase from 1 April 2021.

This is as a result of three decisions made by the National Energy Regulator of South Africa (Nersa), which Eskom said will bring electricity prices more in line with the cost of producing energy.

“The National Energy Regulator of South Africa has made three decisions that are envisaged to increase the average price of electricity from 1 April 2021,” said Eskom general manager for regulation Hasha Tlhotlhalemaje.

MikeaMatrix

Eskom - Raise the prices! Btw don't use the product too much, unscheduled maintenance!
People use less to meet house hold budget.
Eskom - Why are sales down? Raise the prices! BTW don't use the product too much because wet coal.
People completely disconnect or partially disconnect from grid.
Eskom - Why are sales down? Raise the prices! BTW don't use product too much, also you must pay more if you use less or even if you don't use at all!

system32

Expert Member

Eskom will increase electricity prices in April​

By home much will it increase?

Eskom was granted a R13 billion clawback by NERSA
Eskom won a court case against Eskom, allowing for an additional R69 billion clawback.

5.5%, 8.5%, 15%, 20% what's the increase?

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Honestly, I don't care. Raise prices. then just keep the ****ing lights on you incompetent, thieving gutter trash!

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Eskom - Raise the prices! Btw don't use the product too much, unscheduled maintenance!
People use less to meet house hold budget.
Eskom - Why are sales down? Raise the prices! BTW don't use the product too much because wet coal.
People completely disconnect or partially disconnect from grid.
Eskom - Why are sales down? Raise the prices! BTW don't use product too much, also you must pay more if you use less or even if you don't use at all!
300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions.jpg

isie

Honorary Master
Slow news day?
Eskom Annual price increase occurs every year in April?

Neuk_

Expert Member
Laughing in Laffer curve :ROFL: There will soon be another news report about how increasing prices did not, again, raise revenue.

Varktjop

Expert Member
Incompetent thieves keep getting more and more for doing jack-s***

B-1

Expert Member
Hopefully this will get me off my lazy ass and retrofit my 2 geysers with panels. Should about halve my usage as I already don't use much.

ConfusedR

"“If consumers do not pay, then the taxpayer would need to have to pay,” she said."

So the lazy, useless, stupid.....freeloaders.....will stay lazy, useless, stupid......freeloaders.
The declining tax base will pay for them. Absolutely pathetic!