Eskom's chair says South Africans should never feel its existence

South Africans should never feel Eskom’s existence — chair​

Challenge accepted Mr Chair, I only feel Eskom 40% of the time, let me go get some more solar panels to make that 100%.

See the thing is... Somewhere during the 2010, as the country was reeling from Eskom's plunder and the abysmal performance - I developed a sense of how much worse my life has been thanks to Eskom. Not just me of course. Our collective destiny, as a country, is poorer for it.

I can't say I'll ever be a fan. An electrical utility company that wants kudos for keeping the lights on?... Might as well give my dog kudos for smelling like a dog.

See the thing is... Somewhere during the 2010, as the country was reeling from Eskom's plunder and the abysmal performance - I developed a sense of how much worse my life has been thanks to Eskom. Not just me of course. Our collective destiny, as a country, is poorer for it.

I can't say I'll ever be a fan. An electrical utility company that wants kudos for keeping the lights on?... Might as well give my dog kudos for smelling like a dog.
2010 would be odd as it would have been 2 years since the last load shedding and 4 years till the next, maybe it would have been 2018? Maybe that brief stint in 2015?

2010 would be odd as it would have been 2 years since the last load shedding and 4 years till the next, maybe it would have been 2018? Maybe that brief stint in 2015?
Oh it goes so far beyond just load shedding. That's the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

Thank you Mr Eskom spokesperson. How about the annual double digit price increases since 2007 making us all poor now?

After years of underestimations on the amount of loadshedding that would occur. Only, to suddenly have the complete opposite happen just 2 months before the elections. Suggests that something doesn't smell right, here.

As with all scams:
"If it seems to good to be true, it probably is!"

The only time I don't "feel" Eskoms existence, is when I stick my finger in the plug and don't get electrocuted.
Which is quite often these days!

After years of underestimations on the amount of loadshedding that would occur. Only, to suddenly have the complete opposite happen just 2 months before the elections. Suggests that something doesn't smell right, here.

As with all scams:
"If it seems to good to be true, it probably is!"
I honestly doubt there was anything sudden to the easing of loadshedding, it started with a marked reduction in stage 6 and then stage 4, it wasn't an overnight thing as you suggest.

Back