Eskom's new turnaround plan

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Eskom's new turnaround plan

A leaked Eskom vision and strategy document, apparently prepared by the Boston Consulting Group for Eskom, has revealed the next steps of a long-awaited restructuring and turnaround plan for the embattled utility.

The document was presented on 22 August 2019 to the Eskom Executive Forum, a group of about 600 senior Eskom managers and executives, by acting Eskom CEO Jabu Mabuza.

FNfal

Executive Member
Nothing in that plan will stop the death spiral they are in , if any thing it will accelerate the death of Eskom .
3 entities means more piggies at the top ETC , problem is we are doomed as government will continue to bail them out .

richjdavies

Expert Member
I think it is telling that the government think they need to spin off the "working" part of Eskom into the ITSMO. Could it be that they realise this "monopoly" part needs to be separate and under new non-cadre management?

Then maybe they can let the rest of Eskom have competition and die as a result?

I think the writer of the article misses this point. The job is NOT to save Eskom, it is to let it die without taking out the country!

EasyComs

Its not a plan that is needed.
They need to have the people back who actually know how to run it properly.
Eksdom have no interest in those making themselves av ailable via Solidarity.
So now we must just wait and watch the big meltdown, extensive outages, the expected downgrade and the inevitable chaos that will follow - and which the voters and their mindless 'leaders' deserve.

rwenzori

Honorary Master
ANOTHER new turnaround plan? Oh boy oh boy oh boy, that'll sort it all out.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
So lots of fluff, and no actual substance...

Ànd they can get fscked if they think above inflation increases will end up with them making more money..... I am building up the reserve in my bond to get completely off the grid...