Esports Racing? Would like to find out more. Anyone here that can comment.

kombi-man

Howzit,

Is anyone in here that is currently active in esports racing, either locally, or Internationally? Eg: Asetto Corsa, etc..
I'm trying to find out more info on what is the proper gear required for this, and how one would go about getting into proper SIM racing events. I've been browsing around for a bit to try and learn more about this, however the information, esp for new-comers isn't too easy to find.
I'd like to find out what would be a decent setup for use at home, and how does the process work to get into a league, race, or series.

Regards

Alan

Rabobi

Executive Member
I can suggest trying raceroom. Its free on steam and a good way to see if u like sim racing.

Plenty of public races. You tend to drive with a few idiots quite often. But you can also buy cars and tracks. Those races tend to have better drivers.

As for equipment. You can start at 4k for a ff wheel and go up to literally 100k easily on the high end stuff.

I have a logitech wheel and its suits me fine for weekend races.

Solitude

Executive Member
Not proper sim driving but we've got a group of people driving league races every Tuesday in F1 2019. You are welcome to join if you want. One of the guys is also busy with iRacing which is a proper sim.

Price wise you can go for the really proper stuff and maybe import a Fanatec wheel and pedals but it's going to cost you a lot. You may want to start off with a cheaper wheel. Evetech sells them the cheapest.

and Thrustmaster:

You can also build, buy or import a rig. Or just mount the stuff to your desk at first. I use a GT Omega Wheelstand. One of the guys in our league built a proper rig. It even has a Golf R seat.

There's a couple of proper South African leagues but I don't have the details on me. You can do some googling to find them. Some have Facebook groups.

If anyone want to join us in a fun and not serious at all F1 2019 league for PC then you are welcome to join. Just send me a pm.

Dust52

Howzit,

Is anyone in here that is currently active in esports racing, either locally, or Internationally? Eg: Asetto Corsa, etc..
I'm trying to find out more info on what is the proper gear required for this, and how one would go about getting into proper SIM racing events. I've been browsing around for a bit to try and learn more about this, however the information, esp for new-comers isn't too easy to find.
I'd like to find out what would be a decent setup for use at home, and how does the process work to get into a league, race, or series.

Regards

Alan
Hi Alan,

It's been a while since I dusted my rig off, but head over to https://simracesa.co.za/ they've got an active forum with leagues etc. When I was last active with them they were running Assetto Corsa and iRacing.

The community is very helpful and friendly, so I suggest that you head over there and have a look around.

Sylvesta

Howzit man,

Yip I agree with Dust52 completely, come pop over to Simracesa. Between the guys we are on just about all the different sims and you should find what you looking for. When you have a chance jump onto Discord (link on the website) and come say hi, the guys will get you up and running quick quick.