Establishing a Dungeons and Dragons community in South Africa

SlainWraith

Hey, all. I'm teaming up with a friend to establish a proper, nation-wide, Dungeons & Dragons community in South Africa, since there really aren't any here.

If you're curious about the game, or already a player, feel free to pop in and join us in discussing everything Dungeons and Dragons related.

Maybe we can even organize some events!

EDIT:
our website is live! https://dndza.com

Last edited:

Rustie

I have an established group of friends on Fantasy Grounds. Our DM is NZ based - we have a weekly session.
Where are you based?

SlainWraith

I have an established group of friends on Fantasy Grounds. Our DM is NZ based - we have a weekly session.
Where are you based?
I am based in the Free State, but we aim on making this a nation-wide community

VooDooC

Expert Member
How would this work? Would we do sessions via voip (discord, skype, etc) or would it be a once a month get together?

Really interested in this, last time I played was 2nd edition

SlainWraith

How would this work? Would we do sessions via voip (discord, skype, etc) or would it be a once a month get together?

Really interested in this, last time I played was 2nd edition
A combination of both irl meetups and voip.
We have players across the entire nation, so we focus on recruiting experienced volunteers as Dungeon Masters, and helping both new and old players get together, either online, or at venues made available by more of our volunteers as our community grows.

We're currently working on setting up a couple of long-running voip campaigns.
The campaigns we set up at venues will be one-shots, unless the owners of the venues agree to host long running sessions.

We currently have a survey that can be accessed via our discord to help us determine where to focus on getting a venue for our very first gathering.

lowriderza

Expert Member
Hey, all. I'm teaming up with a friend to establish a proper, nation-wide, Dungeons & Dragons community in South Africa, since there really aren't any here.

If you're curious about the game, or already a player, feel free to pop in and join us in discussing everything Dungeons and Dragons related.

Maybe we can even organize some events!

EDIT:
our website is live! https://dndza.com
I'll pass it along to my DnD mates.

samrai.jck

Expert Member
Very cool, just a place where the dnd folks can interact. Great idea.

My character wants to lurk and never post, always agree that some form of meetup is required yet never commit because of his inert paranoia that all the other players are controlled an Oblex, what do I roll, d6 or d20?

aybbleek

Expert Member
Howzit :) I've joined the WhatsApp group. Looks like the discord link is invalid though?

cr@zydude

Executive Member
My friends and I play on roll20.net it works quite well. Good luck, the world can do with more players.