eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede to appear on corruption charges

thechamp

Honorary Master
Bathabile Dlamini's threat of a breakaway over ANC's women 'purge'

ANC Women's League president Bathabile Dlamini has issued a veiled threat to the ruling party, warning that women would "form their own organisation" if the ANC continues to purge female leaders.

Her remarks came just hours after the ANC in KwaZulu-Natal announced that it has axed controversial eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede.

Addressing a gathering attended by President Cyril Ramaphosa in Johannesburg on Tuesday night, Dlamini said it was concerning that the ANC found it easy to remove women from leadership posts
https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/amp/news/south-africa/2019-08-13-bathabile-dlaminis-threat-of-a-breakaway-over-ancs-women-purge/#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

schumi

Honorary Master
ANCWL 'unhappy' with Zandile Gumede axing, wants to meet with KZN leadership

arktown - ANC Women's League President Bathabile Dlamini has taken a swipe at the ANC KwaZulu-Natal leadership over its decision to fire eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede on Monday.

Dlamini was speaking on Tuesday in Parktown where the ANCWL was holding a conversation with President Cyril Ramaphosa on the progress on the socioeconomic empowerment of women since 1994.

She said the ANCWL was planning to meet with the ANC provincial leadership over its decision to fire Gumede.

“We are very unhappy about this culture that has been going on, a culture of making it easy to remove women from the positions they occupy,” Dlamini said.
Gumede’s ousting comes as she remains accused and charged of corruption and her case was postponed to January 2020 by the Durban Commercial Crimes Court on Thursday last week.
More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/ancwl-unhappy-with-zandile-gumede-axing-wants-to-meet-with-kzn-leadership-30742223

schumi

Honorary Master
5 damning reasons used to fire eThekwini Mayor Zandile Gumede

Durban - The axe was set to fall on the entire executive of the eThekwini Municipality on Tuesday with speculation rife that embattled Mayor, Zandile Gumede, her deputy, Fawzi Peer, speaker William Mapena and chief whip Nelly Nyanisa all set to be relieved of their positions in the city.

Also in the cross-hairs of the provincial ANC were eThekwini executive committee , Zama Sokhabase, Sipho Kaunda, Mondli Mthembu and Barbara Fortein.

More at:
https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/news/kwazulu-natal/5-damning-reasons-used-to-fire-ethekwini-mayor-zandile-gumede-30727790

R13...

Honorary Master
She walks around and acts like a South American drug lord. Even behaves like one with her army of goons to intimidate opponents.

thechamp

Honorary Master
She walks around and acts like a South American drug lord. Even behaves like one with her army of goons to intimidate opponents.
I think uBaba is going to "recommend" her to succeed Bathabile as the Women's league President.

schumi

Honorary Master
'They crucified me in Women's Month' - axed eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede says she 'won't take it lying down'

Ousted eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede has told News24 that she will appeal her removal as the political head of the municipality.
In an interview with News24 on Wednesday, Gumede said she would be writing to the ANC's national executive committee (NEC) to find out how she had been branded incompetent.
"It's important that I do that. All what I wish to know is the process. They [NEC] must say why they call me incompetent. I'm a leader internationally. I have accolades, they must prove how and why," she said.
Shortly after, Gumede's spokesperson Mthunzi Gumede told News24 that she had not decided on the steps to take to clear her name. The former mayor's spokesperson said Gumede would be taking advice and looking at various avenues to clear her name.

More at:
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/they-crucified-me-in-womens-month-axed-ethekwini-mayor-zandile-gumede-says-she-wont-take-it-lying-down-20190814

Baise

The best bit .... They dont even have a successor for her yet. She remains in her position, along with her executive council until such time that a suitable replacement can be found. Fskuking Joke

The best bit .... They dont even have a successor for her yet. She remains in her position, along with her executive council until such time that a suitable replacement can be found. Fskuking Joke
The ANC is getting cold feet, while she was suspended she threatened to tell the truth aka spill the beans. She also has a strong following so they can't get rid of her easily and risk another EFF like break-away party.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Bathabile to leave the ANC? What's next? Threatening to scrap EWC or NHI? Threatening to fire people at Eskom?
Not leave the ANC but rather the foreign organisation they find themselves in, perhaps getting too impatient to wait for the real ANC that will come back after 5 years.