eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede to appear on corruption charges

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Fsck her.... and the ANC ffs...

Stop being a bunch of pansies and officially suspend her until the conclusion of the court cases etc against her.... with a clause that should she be found guilty she will be forced to pay back every cent of her salary earned with interest.

**EDIT** Although, she is a political deployee is she not, its not like a normal employment position, so just redeploy her to being the mayor of pondokiesfontein somewhere...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Ok, FSCK the ANC royally at this point in time..

They need to get their fscking house in order and quickly.

I am a resident, and while they fsck around in their little soggie marie competion, nothing moves forward in the city... I've just paid my damned account so I'm somewhat more annoyed about this currently...

ForceFate

Honorary Master

R13...

Honorary Master
Ok, FSCK the ANC royally at this point in time..

They need to get their fscking house in order and quickly.

I am a resident, and while they fsck around in their little soggie marie competion, nothing moves forward in the city... I've just paid my damned account so I'm somewhat more annoyed about this currently...
Looks the ANC are going ahead with swearing in the new mayor, according to this.
“We can confirm that we received the letter that she is withdrawing her resignation. However, we are going to continue as planned with the swearing in of the new mayor, deputy mayor and speaker and all exco councillors next week.

schumi

Honorary Master
Gumede will be replaced by next Wednesday, vows Zikalala

This after their plans to have her out by month-end were derailed by her decision to rescind her resignation.

After having a spanner thrown into the works of their plan to replace disgraced Ethekwini Mayor Zandile Gumede by the end of August, the African National Congress’ Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) has vowed to have Gumede out by Wednesday, September 4.

This after Gumede rescinded her resignation earlier this week citing the reason that she was unhappy with how it had been handled.

Gumede and a number of other officials were reportedly asked to resign via text message and Gumede did not appreciate the approach.
More at : https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/politics/2173092/gumede-will-be-replaced-by-next-wednesday-vows-zikalala/

schumi

Honorary Master
Calls for Fawzia Peer to go amid confusion over resignations

Durban - The eThekwini Municipality still have fully functional executive council (Exco) members despite the ANC in KwaZulu-Natal having told them to resign, the city's acting mayor Fawzia Peer said.

Peer was reacting to opposition parties who have called on her to vacate her acting mayor position as that position can only be held by a member of the executive council.

Peer, mayor Zandile Gumede, ex-speaker William Mapena and former chief whip Neli Nyanisa were instructed by the ANC to resign from their positions after the ruling party found that they had poorly performed their council duties.

“Fawzia resigned last week Monday like all Exco members. To be a mayor or deputy you must be an Exco member. So in eThekwini there is no one acting as mayor, there is nothing, there is a vacuum. If there were to be a disaster we will be in serious trouble,” said KwaZulu-Natal DA leader Zwakele Mncwango.

However, Peer said all Exco members had not resigned, but the so-called resignation letters were intended to inform the ANC that they would resign in the next sitting of the full council next week.

“We are not removed as Exco members as yet because we have to go to council, which will then endorse all these removals,” she said.

She said the resignation letters were only submitted to the ANC “as surety that we will remove ourselves”. She said the letters to the ANC were not official.
More at:

TysonRoux

Executive Member
LOL, such a tough decision for the ANC goons.

The POS "resigned", ......now she's "fired".

ANC upholds KZN decision to fire eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede

ANC national leadership has upheld the KwaZulu-Natal provincial executive committee's (PEC) decision to axe eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Was going to say something but Zapiro's took all the words right outa my mouth.

schumi

Honorary Master
Ethekwini’s official new leaders vow to turn city around

Durban - A special sitting of the eThekwini Municipality council on Thursday saw sweeping changes as the African National Congress (ANC) replaced its entire leadership in the city.

Held at the Durban City Hall, the proceedings were off to a shaky start as opposition parties continually raised procedural issues, but after seven hours the new leadership was elected, bringing to an end nearly four months of instability in the city.

Under the watchful eye of the deputy minister of trade and industry Nomalungelo Gina, ANC KZN deputy chairman Mike Mabuyakhulu, ANC provincial secretary Mdumiseni Ntuli, the MEC for cooperative governance and traditional affairs Sipho Hlomuka and acting provincial premier Ravi Pillay, the election saw the nomination of former MEC for transport Mxolisi Kaunda as mayor and former MEC for finance Belinda Scott as deputy. Weziwe Thusi, a former MEC for social development, was elected as speaker.
More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/ethekwinis-official-new-leaders-vow-to-turn-city-around-32034613

thechamp

Honorary Master
The Hawks and Asset Forfeiture Unit swooped on several properties, including the home of former eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede, early on Thursday morning.

KwaZulu-Natal National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Natasha Kara confirmed to TimesLIVE that the early morning raids were conducted simultaneously on several properties, including Gumede's Umhlanga home and properties in Zimbali and Amanzimtoti.