eThekwini mayor Zandile Gumede to appear on corruption charges

3WA

Executive Member
Who the hell did she piss off that she has to face consequences for corruption?

surface

Executive Member
Wealth redistribution?
For fraudsters, is renting a trend these days? Move money out of country and live in a rented one? Rent is cheap these days because of too many properties in the market.
She said the seizure of property, luxury cars and cash believed to be the proceeds of crime was in relation to Gumede’s multimillion-rand fraud and corruption case.

Kara said Gumede's property was not seized, as she was renting the home.

yebocan

Executive Member
I think she got too cocky and did not bother covering her tracks properly, thinking that uBaba's reign would never end.
clearly did not consult any wealthsmith/dlamini ... like most ... thought the party would never end...the music would just go on playing... no rainy day, when summer be eternal... the first of many

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
It would be interesting to know what assets were seized from her rented accommodation..

I would assume the sports cars were not seized from her, she doesn't strike me as someone who would actually drive a vehicle, she would have a slave for that task.

R13...

Honorary Master
It would be interesting to know what assets were seized from her rented accommodation..

I would assume the sports cars were not seized from her, she doesn't strike me as someone who would actually drive a vehicle, she would have a slave for that task.
It looks like the listed seized assets cover all of the accused in the case so it could be the sports cars belonged one or more of them and not necessarily she herself.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
It looks like the listed seized assets cover all of the accused in the case so it could be the sports cars belonged one or more of them and not necessarily she herself.
Yeah.... would just be very interesting to know what was seized from "her" house....

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
One can hope something does come of this breach of bail conditions as well actually.

Eniigma

Expert Member
Hawks and AFU seize luxury sports cars, cash at Zandile Gumede's home

Saw some pics of the cars that were sent to a co-worker by someone invovled. Flip I hope they throw this garbage in a deep dark hole after seizing and selling off every asset. As a "Dirtbin" resident seeing these ill gotten gains while areas of the city is festering in rubbish and filth... to say I'm pissed off that **** like this gets elected and remains in office for so long is an understatement.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Ag shem Zandile...

And wind and rain knocked out your electricity you say?
And 3 cars? Zandile, that is not poor as a church mouse. I have 1 fscking car, and that is all I can afford.

Also Zandile, the law should be used against ANC members if they have broken the law... you don't get to sit down and discuss what you did, you should get charged and convicted if you are guilty (like the rest of us plebs if we do naughty things)

surface

Executive Member