eThekwini slams those opposed to R20m statues as being against black unity

thechamp

Honorary Master
I’m sure there must be a lot of African people just as annoyed at this waste of money? Are they also against black unity?

Speaking of black, wonder what color Range Rovers they will get with that money...
Not a bright comment seeing that those statues are of former Presidents of the country yet they somehow represent black unity, but then this comes from KZN.

schumi

Honorary Master
Infamous R20m ANC stalwart statues may call Durban City Hall home

The eThekwini mayor says a formal announcement regarding the desired location and artist of the statues will be revealed soon.

The eThekwini municipality will soon make a formal announcement regarding the two statues of ANC stalwarts Oliver Tambo and Nelson Mandela.

City mayor Zandile Gumede, speaking at an executive committee meeting held last week, confirmed a city council resolution was taken in 2017 to erect giant statues of OR Tambo and Nelson Mandela in front of the Durban City Hall, reports Northglen News.

She said there were currently a number of colonial statues situated outside City Hall, adding that the process of erecting these two statues would change the face of the city.
More at : https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/government/2072363/infamous-r20m-anc-stalwart-statues-may-call-durban-city-hall-home/

diesel

Expert Member
No doubt the price has been inflated to make some ANC thief rich. Only reason the ANC pushes anything through is when they personally profit from it.

envo

Expert Member
I wonder how many poor people will be able to enjoy 3 meals a day and for how long.

Let's do some quick math based on my own expenses and consider it would feed a family of 4 (I'm a pig I know)

R300 a day
x7 days
-----
R2100 a week
x4 weeks
----
R8400

So a family of 4 people can be very well fed for R8400 a month

This means that R20 million will feed 9523 people for 1 month and very lavishly so with 3 squares a day. You can easily triple that number by buying in bulk and distributing it to people raw/uncooked (as I said, the numbers are based off of my own spend)

Or you could feed 793 people a month, 3 meals a day, for a year, with 20 million. I know soup kitchens with a budget of ****-all that feeds more people than that a day than this.

Yet, they want a statue while people starve. While the government is squeezing for more taxes. When municipalities are indebted to Eskom/their suppliers.....

Black Unity? I'll take a well-run country over any kind of unity.

Mista_Mobsta

R350 million. Now that was money well spent.
Quite funny...lets have a quick look:
Building of Voortrekker Monument took 12 years and cost £350,000.00

Building of Heritage Museum Started during 2011 and finished in 2016 and cost R350mio and counting and is still not functionally open?

How times change...

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
I wonder how many poor people will be able to enjoy 3 meals a day and for how long.

Let's do some quick math based on my own expenses and consider it would feed a family of 4 (I'm a pig I know)

R300 a day
x7 days
-----
R2100 a week
x4 weeks
----
R8400

So a family of 4 people can be very well fed for R8400 a month

This means that R20 million will feed 9523 people for 1 month and very lavishly so with 3 squares a day. You can easily triple that number by buying in bulk and distributing it to people raw/uncooked (as I said, the numbers are based off of my own spend)

Or you could feed 793 people a month, 3 meals a day, for a year, with 20 million. I know soup kitchens with a budget of ****-all that feeds more people than that a day than this.

Yet, they want a statue while people starve. While the government is squeezing for more taxes. When municipalities are indebted to Eskom/their suppliers.....

Black Unity? I'll take a well-run country over any kind of unity.
Don't come here with your Western logic, looking out for voters/people. It's only the top piggies that roll in the food/money. Rest can f-ck off.