Ethereum wallet provider steals account keys and cashes out

Daruk

Honorary Master
Well for the record, I bought $300 BTC on CEX.IO and have been billed $400. I'm about to find an email addy or phone number to resolve it.

skusku

Quick questions, if you will be so kind to help me understand :)

1) Can anyone confirm if myetherwallet.com is a safe option as wallet to use so the wallet can't get stolen?

2) Can I use the wallet key generated from myetherwallet.com in the mining rig? I see some sites specifically states that the wallet should not be used for mining, but only for storing your ether? If this is not compatible, which one can I use?

3) I assume that what is in that wallet then, I can transfer to bitcoin/paypal or into Luna?

skusku

One question I forgot to ask, it might be a bit off topic.... Sorryyyyyy
If I get a motherboard with two 16x PCI-E slots and two 1x PCI-E Slots (with 2x pci risers), then I can surely run 4 graphics cards for mining right?

cyb3rt

One question I forgot to ask, it might be a bit off topic.... Sorryyyyyy
If I get a motherboard with two 16x PCI-E slots and two 1x PCI-E Slots (with 2x pci risers), then I can surely run 4 graphics cards for mining right?
That depends entirely on the brand and model. Some work and some don't for some reason, trial and error is the only way to find out unfortunately. Otherwise check Google to see if someone else has made it work on the specific motherboard.

On topic again, phew, I almost used http://ethereum-wallet.net/ last week! So glad I didn't! Waiting for my Ledger Nano S to be delivered still.

falcon786

Executive Member
Well for the record, I bought $300 BTC on CEX.IO and have been billed $400. I'm about to find an email addy or phone number to resolve it.
And I almost bought from them last night!Let us know if your issue gets resolved or they are not to be trusted please.

Jan

Drifting in the black
Nah, not related. I doubt you'll get it right anywhere tbh. There's always fine print.
Also been messing around with arbitrage. The opportunity for simple arbitrage seems to be over (for now). Prices on Luno aren't disproportionately high enough to make it work.

It might be possible with other exchanges, but it just takes so long to get verified now.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Also been messing around with arbitrage. The opportunity for simple arbitrage seems to be over (for now). Prices on Luno aren't disproportionately high enough to make it work.

It might be possible with other exchanges, but it just takes so long to get verified now.
Yeah, and sending smiley pics holding up your ID book and credit card seems a bad idea to me. Some want that.
I'm picturing them pouring over the pics in the office lol'ing at everyone and making fun of them... or looking at you and thinking - he's definitely a crook. LOL.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yeah, and sending smiley pics holding up your ID book and credit card seems a bad idea to me. Some want that.
I'm picturing them pouring over the pics in the office lol'ing at everyone and making fun of them... or looking at you and thinking - he's definitely a crook. LOL.
Haha, I'm 15 years younger on my ID.

TheBossMan

Expert Member
This is why you don't use the buy BTC option. The price of bitcoin probably changed from the time
the buy/sell page was last updated.I never use the buy / sell page.

I have always just used the deposit option and use the trade option to convert USD to either BTC or ETH.
They always took the correct amount from my account.

I normally check the deposit amount + fee and work out on Google USD/ZAR how much it will be and the money taken from my account is normally correct.

Hope this helps.

Daruk

Honorary Master
This is why you don't use the buy BTC option. The price of bitcoin probably changed from the time
the buy/sell page was last updated.
I never use the buy / sell page.

I have always just used the deposit option and use the trade option to convert USD to either BTC or ETH.
They always took the correct amount from my account.

I normally check the deposit amount + fee and work out on Google USD/ZAR how much it will be and the money taken from my account is normally correct.

Hope this helps.
No it didn't :D
By $100 in a $300 transaction?

So for the record, it was my brainfart. I forgot I'd got an extra $100 to transfer to Poloniex. I apologised to them on their helpline. :eek:

Daruk

Honorary Master
Haha, I'm 15 years younger on my ID.
Yep, and I had hair and a beard to scare a lumberjack... I'm now bald. That's a useless pic. It is around 25 years old though I guess.