maumau

Honorary Master
Tks. Going to watch tonight.

Enjoyed:

The Break
Borderline
Tabula Rasa ...... great show
Marcella
The Chalet ... nothing new but it's enjoyable.

all on Netflix.

Last edited:

Naks

Expert Member
Can't wait for this to start!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mipcom-hulu-takes-das-boot-us-1151498

Hulu has picked up U.S. rights to Das Boot, the series sequel to Wolfgang Petersen's Oscar-nominated anti-war classic from 1981.
The new Das Boot, an eight-hour miniseries set in the period just following Petersen's film, has presold to more than 100 territories ahead of its debut.

Budgeted at just over $30 million, Das Boot features stars Vicky Krieps (The Phantom Thread), Tom Wlaschiha (Game of Thrones), August Wittgenstein (The Crown) and Lizzy Caplan (Masters of Sex), alongside up-and-coming talents including Rick Okan, Pit Bukowski, Philip Birnstiel and Julius Feldmeier. Andreas Prochaska (The Dark Valley) directed.

The story, from co-writers Tony Saint and Johannes W. Betz, starts in the fall of 1942, after the Allies have cracked the German military's Enigma code and can track the movement of their submarine fleets. Serving on a German U-boot becomes little more than a suicide mission. The new series follows the crew of an ill-fated submarine that launches on its inaugural mission from Nazi-occupied France, as well as the stories of the family and friends they leave behind and that of French resistance fighters taking on the Nazi regime from the inside.

Naks

Expert Member
Hehe, indeed.

Chaps, if you ever come across this series: http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/30996/sent, please notify me.

It's a hilarious comedy made in Singapore, we only saw the pilot episode, but I cannot find it anywhere online. And it's impossible to get HBO Asia without a physical set top box, so can't even get it via legit means.

I've looked everywhere, but so far no luck

daveza

Honorary Master
Excellent 6 part Spanish medieval murder drama set in Seville during the plague and inquisition.

1540115407914.png