European series, mini-series, and dramas

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
No, but it's on my list now, tak!

My Sonarr is also not finding any episodes...
Mine found all of them. Try manual search. Your per-designated settings may be skipping available stuff outside your parameters?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
As if I don't have enough of a backlog already :rolleyes:
i.e.
Witnesses Season 2
Jordskott Season 2
The Lava Field

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Trom: the first ever Faroe Islands crime drama

We’ve seen crime dramas based all across the Nordic region – Iceland, Finland, and Scandinavian countries Sweden, Denmark and Norway – as well the Shetland Islands. The only places we haven’t seen any crime dramas set in are Greenland and the Faroe Islands.

All that is about to change. Nordisk Film & TV Fond reports that the first-ever Faroe Islands-based crime drama will be presented at the Berlinale CoPro Series next month.

Trom is based on Jagvan Isaksen’s crime novels, adapted for television by emerging screenwriter Torfinnur Jákupsson. In the series journalist Hannis Martinsson investigates the murder of an animal rights activist, found floating in the bloody waters of a whale killing. Martinsson risks his own skin on the trail of a spectacular story, sending shock waves through the isolated island community, where every friend has suddenly become a suspect.

“Trom is a little gem, and when you’re competing with major players, you simply have to move fast,” said REInvent’s Director of Sales & Marketing Helene Aurø. “The screenplay is excellent, mixing scary elements with authentic Faroese customs and traditions, and the show will feature the Faroe Islands’ beautiful untouched scenery.”

Aurø continues: “Very much like the Icelandic series Trapped, you will have a story with a local investigation, involving a larger international network and in the case of Trom, the whale industry.”

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I see Season 3 of Follow the Money (Bedrag) has started, but ....

This third season can be considered as a spin-off and can stand alone. The focus has shifted from white-collar crime in the world of high financing to the more gritty and rough world of street crime and drug dealing. Set to air on DR’s prime time drama slot early January 2019.

FOLLOW THE MONEY III will focus on two characters from the previous seasons: Nicky and Alf. Nicky has become a heavy weight kingpin in the Danish underworld, while Alf is in a new job with one of the Police’s gang units, which The Fraud Squad lends out employees to when the narcotics investigators need to crack the kingpin’s accounts and finances. Alf and Nicky are in direct opposition to each other – and when one of them pulls a clever maneuver, the other counteracts. A new main character is also introduced, Anna, who is the center of her own arena – a bank. Anna is the proficient but overlooked bank employee, who is suddenly recognized for her abilities in alternative ways. Throughout the season, she will become an important accomplice in the laundering of the criminals’ money.
Jeppe Gjervig Gram (BORGEN) is the showrunner behind FOLLOW THE MONEY. He is joined by some exciting talent, among other co-writers Adam August (DARKLAND) and Jenny Lund Madsen (RITA). The series is conceptualized by Søren Balle, who started his tv career working on THE KILLING. Among the other directors are newcomers Milad Alami, who has won several prizes on the festival circuit for THE CHARMER and Gustav Möller, who won the Audience Award at Sundance 2018 for THE GUILTY.

Source

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Another SNO release and on Netflix that looks like it should be on a to do list.

Cocaine Coast (Fariña) 8.1 / 10 IMDB rating

It takes place in the Galicia (Spain) of the 80s, when the fishing sector was transformed and many of the shipowners became indebted. This situation will be favorable for the start of activities such as contraband and drug trafficking.

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Netflix keeps surprising me.

Deadwind.jpg

Deadwind (Finnish: Karppi) is a Finnish crime drama and Nordic noir television series directed and created by Rike Jokela, starring Pihla Viitala, Lauri Tilkanen, Jani Volanen, and Tommi Korpela. It premiered in Finland in March 2018 on Yle TV2 and in August 2018 on Netflix.

The show follows Sofia Karppi, a female detective of the Finnish police, in her 30s, who is recently widowed and left alone with two children to take care of. She returns to police work in Helsinki, and her first case together with the rookie detective Sakari Nurmi is the murder of Anna Bergdahl, a social construction consultant.

Season 1 received strong reviews and ratings after airing in Finland, and it was compared to the Danish crime series The Killing. Season 2 of the show is currently being written.

Watched Episode 1. I'm in.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Another SNO release and on Netflix that looks like it should be on a to do list.

Cocaine Coast (Fariña) 8.1 / 10 IMDB rating

It takes place in the Galicia (Spain) of the 80s, when the fishing sector was transformed and many of the shipowners became indebted. This situation will be favorable for the start of activities such as contraband and drug trafficking.
I obtained this a while ago. Haven't started watching yet.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Netflix keeps surprising me.

View attachment 609996

Deadwind (Finnish: Karppi) is a Finnish crime drama and Nordic noir television series directed and created by Rike Jokela, starring Pihla Viitala, Lauri Tilkanen, Jani Volanen, and Tommi Korpela. It premiered in Finland in March 2018 on Yle TV2 and in August 2018 on Netflix.

The show follows Sofia Karppi, a female detective of the Finnish police, in her 30s, who is recently widowed and left alone with two children to take care of. She returns to police work in Helsinki, and her first case together with the rookie detective Sakari Nurmi is the murder of Anna Bergdahl, a social construction consultant.

Season 1 received strong reviews and ratings after airing in Finland, and it was compared to the Danish crime series The Killing. Season 2 of the show is currently being written.

Watched Episode 1. I'm in.
I have watched the whole thing. It's excellent.