European series, mini-series, and dramas

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Holy SCHIT !!! What a season...maybe the best one yet?!?!
I cannot believe that they killed off my favourite character. She was there for them since the beginning. But, I guess we do not know what she told them. I suspect that in the next season they will discover that she told them nothing about Genarro and this will then torment him. I just wish those two brothers had got whacked as well!! Man I hate them!!

Did start Suburra, but only watched 1 and did not go back yet.

zeb

Expert Member
I'm really enjoying Our Boys. If you liked Fauda you'll definitely like this.

Season 2 of Elite starting next week. Hopefully as good as season 1.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I'm really enjoying Our Boys. If you liked Fauda you'll definitely like this.

Season 2 of Elite starting next week. Hopefully as good as season 1.
I am also looking forward to Our Boys, just waiting for the whole series to end first.

I am a huge fan of Fauda as well.

You should then also enjoy False Flag.

Reactions: zeb

daveza

Honorary Master
Geez guys, I watch a LOT of television, but don't know how y'all seem to watch a new series every other day.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I cannot believe that they killed off my favourite character. She was there for them since the beginning. But, I guess we do not know what she told them. I suspect that in the next season they will discover that she told them nothing about Genarro and this will then torment him. I just wish those two brothers had got whacked as well!! Man I hate them!!

Did start Suburra, but only watched 1 and did not go back yet.
:eek:

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Geez guys, I watch a LOT of television, but don't know how y'all seem to watch a new series every other day.
My SO and I decide on a series and then watch that together...currently Mindhunter.

I'm lucky that my SO goes to bed around 9:30 so then my "personal viewing" starts. I also have a session between 7 and 9 in the mornings. So I have an evening show and a morning show...

So I'm usually busy with 3 shows and then watch my reality stuff on and off in between as well.

But I am also extremely far behind and will probably not catch up in my lifetime.

I am currently monitoring 171 series in my Sonarr...

daveza

Honorary Master
My SO and I decide on a series and then watch that together...currently Mindhunter.

I'm lucky that my SO goes to bed around 9:30 so then my "personal viewing" starts. I also have a session between 7 and 9 in the mornings. So I have an evening show and a morning show...

So I'm usually busy with 3 shows and then watch my reality stuff on and off in between as well.

But I am also extremely far behind and will probably not catch up in my lifetime.

I am currently monitoring 171 series in my Sonarr...

And there will be more good stuff coming.

At some stage I just get ruthless and stuff that is only very good gets sent to the 'you didn't make the shortlist' bin.

zeb

Expert Member
I am also looking forward to Our Boys, just waiting for the whole series to end first.

I am a huge fan of Fauda as well.

You should then also enjoy False Flag.
Thanks, I'll check if it's available.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Saw this. I see it's a Sno with Subs release.

Case

`Case’ is an award-winning Icelandic crime-drama from director Baldvin Z. Set in Reykjavik, the story follows the events that ensue after the death of a young talented ballerina, who is found hanged on the National Theater’s main stage. Not convinced this is a suicide, two lawyers and a detective investigate the case further, only to discover there are more dark forces at play than originally thought.

daveza

Honorary Master

Case

`Case’ is an award-winning Icelandic crime-drama from director Baldvin Z. Set in Reykjavik, the story follows the events that ensue after the death of a young talented ballerina, who is found hanged on the National Theater’s main stage. Not convinced this is a suicide, two lawyers and a detective investigate the case further, only to discover there are more dark forces at play than originally thought.

Couldn't remember if I'd seen it.... found it's been in my library since Dec 2018.

Will get there. :unsure:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Hehe cool.

I wish Trom would get made already :sleep:

A Faroese crime TV series recently presented at the Berlinale film festival in Berlin has been hailed as ‘the next big Nordic TV crime series’

TROM – a new Faroese TV crime series – has received rave reviews at the prestigious Berlinale film festival in Berlin.

Some 270 investors were present when film director Tórfinnur Jàkupsson and producer Jón Hammer presented their new project at the festival.

“Many of them told us that our project was the best, and that this will be the next big Nordic TV crime series,” says Jákupsson, who wrote the script to TROM, an eight-episode crime series based on the novels by Faroese crime author Jógvan Isaksen.

He adds that they expect to have the first investment deals signed shortly.

The Berlinale is an international film festival held annually in Berlin, Germany. In addition to the big awards show, the festival also provides an opportunity for film directors to present new projects to potential investors.

TROM was one of only ten new film projects selected for presentation to potential investors at this year’s Berlinale.

Source

Refresher

MightyQuin

Honorary Master

Case

Started this long ago, but didn't continue with it for some reason. Cannot remember why, but obviously it didn't grab/hold my attention.

Damn I miss Bron.....

cguy

Executive Member
My favorites of recent:
- Dark
- Toast of London
- Benidorm (the best highbrow entertainment out there - not sure if it’s available in SA, it’s not in the US)

daveza

Honorary Master
My favorites of recent:
- Dark
- Toast of London
- Benidorm (the best highbrow entertainment out there - not sure if it’s available in SA, it’s not in the US)
Very little outside of mainstream is available here.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
My favorites of recent:
- Dark
- Toast of London
Are you 100% you know what "highbrow" means??

cguy

Executive Member
Are you 100% you know what "highbrow" means??
Benidorm is a metaphor for today’s international politics and the resulting human condition. The swingers represent Norway and Sweden, Mateo is essentially a precognition of the Trump administration (or at least who they think they are) and Les/ley is clearly Putin. Geof is certainly a depiction of either Australia or South Africa, and Gavin+Paul represent the east. Madge, is almost without a doubt Kim Jong-Un/Il, although she may also be just orange enough to be Trump.