European series, mini-series, and dramas

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Mouche

Is the French remake of Fleabag.

Mouche, or the French Fleabag, is a near replica of Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s hit TV series, with Paris taking the place of London and Camille Cottin in the title role. “We made Mouche for people who hadn’t seen Fleabag,” Cottin explains. “If you’d already seen the original, I’m not sure you would bother watching ours.”

dualmeister

Honorary Master
By and large you could name any Scandi series and I would say it is excellent.

Perhaps their quality control is better or perhaps we just don't get to hear about Scandi rubbish - if there is such a thing.

daveza

Honorary Master

TV detective rule No 1 - must have domestic discord, a teenage daughter who hates you and who will do something stupid to make your day more difficult, struggle with alcohol or prescription medication, and quite often be both the best detective they have and staving off a disciplinary or request for early retirement.

And the wife will always say why don't you marry the police dept, you are always there and never home.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Not gonna lie. I'm battling a bit with Nox. But will push through

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Nox done. Turned out OK.
The Pier (El embarcadero) done. Good one. The talent didn't hurt :)
8 Days. So far so good after 3 episodes.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I really enjoyed 8 Days.

Two episodes into Winting. Dark Scandi landscapes. Great stuff. With some help from the FBI so partially in English (Carrie-Anne Moss).

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Just to mess further with Daves social life ....

What is with the Scandi story lines? :laugh:

Det som göms i snö (2018)
After a long sick leave and recovery police detective Peter Wendel is back on duty.

Jägarna (2018)
Erik returns to the northernmost of Sweden after a lifetime with Stockholm police.
Retirement doesn't become him so he helps his nephew Peter, a rookie at the local police.

Kielergata (2018)
Jonas has started a new life and lives in Scandinavia's least criminal town. But the facade falls when Jonas realizes that other inhabitants are former criminals with dark secrets. They will do anything it takes to protect their new lives.

Conspiracy of Silence (Ingen utan skuld) (2018)
Robert Kastell returns to Sweden after having been presumed dead for thirty years. A personal tragedy has made him leave his exile, and sent him on a last journey of revenge - - the target being the successful arms trade broker Anders Speths.

Also.

Sthlm Requiem (Sthlm Rekviem) (2018)
Based on Kristina Ohlsson's novels, the series follows unconventional but cunning criminologist Fredrika Bergman who joins a special investigations unit in Stockholm.

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Wisting done.

There are actually two stories in the 10 episodes (i.e. 1 - 5 then 5 - 10).
The first 5 are better than the second 5.
But, still worth the watch.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Fished Farang.
Former criminal Rickard has vanished. Fleeing Sweden and the old friends he has testified against, he abandons his name, his life, and his family to start over in Thailand.

Not my most favourite so far, but OK.

Now on Jägarna.

EDIT: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Ivalo (Arctic Circle) (2018)

Set amidst the polar landscape of Northern Lapland, Arctic Circle follows police officer Nina Kautsalo (Kuustonen), who, while investigating a serial-murder case, finds a prostitute at death’s door in an old cabin in the wilderness. Everything will escalate when a deadly and mysterious virus is discovered in the victim’s blood. Kautsalo will thus seek help from Helsinki-based German virologist Thomas Lorenz (Brückner). They will both get caught up in an unexpected investigation that will force them to act outside the law. Their efforts will encounter more complications when the multimillionaire CEO of a pharmaceutical company (Schick) gets involved, as he financed Lorenz’s previous work in the field of virology.