Everyshop officially launches - Free R100 vouchers available

uchoose

Good advertising for takealot when you shop for the app on Android playstore. Always good to have competition though.

geezer

Expert Member
They need to get someone to optimise their website.
Totally! I searched for a speed/cadence sensor for my Garmin Edge 130 cycling computer, and was only given Apple watches as suggestions.

They're not even close to what their competition has to offer, and I still yet have to find anything I would consider as a good price to entice me to buy.

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
^Sounds like TAL there. Their search is broken. The ordering system is a complete cock up only showing when something is to be delivered. Loot will actually give me a breakdown of the status of every single item. And they're kark expensive with most things so you actually need the vouchers to buy there. The only reason I do is because I get vouchers but would much prefer they allow me to cash them out with Loot or Raru.

Really when it comes to our "top" online retailers there's still a lot to be desired.

Milano

Honorary Master
It comes across as traditional retail with an online store as opposed to a large player actively trying to create an online competitor.

There is no genuine attempt at disruption or at serious price competition. Where is the exciting or unique proposition that would tempt me to signup or download their app? Why would I bother?

Takealot spent years running genuine specials (early years) and giving free delivery on everything from a R1 ruler ie running at a loss to build a customer base. This is a lame duck start.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Their registration process requires that you provide your ID number. Big fail! There is absolutely no reason why they should require your ID number.

chrisc

Executive Member
Needs a bit of work. Infrastructure there, a makeover will assist. Screen placements poor

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Their products and pricing needs to feature under Google's shopping results.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
@Bradley Prior - has anyone thought to ask Everyshop why they insist on an ID or passport in order to create an account? I guarantee you it’s going to put some people off.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
@Bradley Prior - has anyone thought to ask Everyshop why they insist on an ID or passport in order to create an account? I guarantee you it’s going to put some people off.

With POPI coming up it might very well be illegal to ask people for their ID number unless you have a very good reason. And I can't think of a single good reason why an Ecommerce site needs your ID or passport number.