'Everything's Now Fixed'

LoneGunman

Expert Member
troll bait: mods please delete offtopic posts

Just had a very deja vu conversation with the Helpdesk. After 20 minutes of sitting on hold, according to Sheila, 'everythings now fine with IBurst', and the technicians have 'fixed the network' - and there's no problem at all.

When I suggested that gee, this might not be true, I get asked for my name, and Sheila disappears for a minute or two and apparently consults with 'the technicians' then comes back and tells me its all fine on the network now, the technicians have worked through the night - and everythings okay now actually.
Info is taken about my UTD and a promise to 'get back to me later' - the overall feeling and suggestion was the old Sentech one of 'you're the only one experiencing a problem' (although this wasn't said directly.)

So everything, according to the Help Desk, is now fixed and running perfectly. No disconnections, no signal fluttering, no slow speeds. No network-wide problems at all.

So if you do have any problems - you're the only one - at least that's what the Helpdesk are now saying/suggesting.

Those who remember this phase with Sentech, might have a sense of deja vu..
==============================
EDIT: Iburst hereafter changed their story. To read the story change, go to the link below:
http://www.mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=19046

The rest of this thread pretty much has evolved SINCE IBurst 'officially' announced that there was a problem. I've added this info, so that new arrivals on forum can get the correct sequence of events. IBurst are no longer trying to do the 'you're the only one with a problem' story - at least to my knowledge..

Last edited:

guest2013-1

Im tempted to call in and fake a problem (not able to check if the network is fixed though, but last night i had crappy speeds still)

I suggest everyone effected with the problem of yesterday, call in today and LIE BLATANTLY that you're still experiencing those problems. Give these idiots a wake up call

LoneGunman

Expert Member
well if I remember how Sentech did it from this point, there'll be a lull in complaints as people individually believe the help desk story, followed by lots of posts gradually getting more n more angry as they realise they're getting lied to. Hope things arent going to follow that previous path..

slimothy

Banned
well you have the choice to leave the network, nobody if holding a gun to your head.

LoneGunman

Expert Member
well there's the simply 'gun to head' of
'customer expecting to be provided the service they're paying for' -
but of course, you're right - if there's a corporate fraud happening, one can just
'leave the network'..
Gosh, that will solve it. Good consumer thinking, I'd never have thought of that.
Thankfully mybroadband doesn't think that simplistically :p

slimothy

Banned
why so you have to try insult people, it IS that simple, if you aren't happy which you obviously aren't you just pick up and go, use another service. right now WBS don't have to change a damn thing because they know you will be on thier service regardless. So how about you stop threatening them that you will take your business elsewhere which no company takes seriously and actually go elsewhere. If you are making R3000 an hour as you say you are then your choices aren't as limited as the normal consumer so just take your money elsewhere.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
slimothy said:
If you are making R3000 an hour as you say you are then your choices aren't as limited as the normal consumer so just take your money elsewhere.

Here we go again :D

LoneGunman

Expert Member
dear slimothy, issues aren't always about 'looking after yourself' -
its not always about the purely selfish approach, (that you are using as regards your internet experience) - yes I can afford an alternative - but I refer you again to my quite sarcastic and ironic comment about 'if there's a corporate fraud occurring, gee I can 'fix it' by just leaving'.

Obviously you didn't understand the implications.

There are larger issues at stake here, than merely 'making sure that I'M okay' - which is how YOU seem to view consumerist issues and problems.
Your viewpoint is logical, but inherently selfish, and not useful at all in terms of making a Company that might be behaving badly, toe the line in terms of its responsibilities and obligations.

Its your kind of thinking that continues to allow local companies to perceive and operate against its customers in such an appalling way. "Gee, they're not providing ME with what I want, I won't stick around and try to make life difficult for them, or create negative PR, I'll just take my money and go elsewhere and let the Fraud continue being done to others."

Yes thats a sensible approach, but its also selfish as hell, and wont fix anything or prevent the problem from continuing. You're welcome to move on and take your money elsewhere - but it can actually do more good to stick around and fight them. That's the individuals choice.

You're suggesting a selfish sheep approach, of 'take money elsewhere and shuttup about the problem' - which might work for you, but to me, is wildly stupid, immature, non productive, and indicative of why consumers get scr*wed locally so much.

If people on this forum had felt like you, when Sentech began its nonsense, Sentech would have completely succeeded in its bait and switch game, and many of us would be sitting on slow sub-modem Sentech, like sheep.

Instead, we yelled, moaned, bitched, shouted and complained and raised hell, doing some damage to Sentech in the process, and maybe helped a few people who otherwise would not have known about the Fraud unfolding..

You seem to suggest that this activism shouldn't happen, and instead those with the money should quietly go elsewhere and make sure THEY are fine - and to hell with the larger issues at stake.

That's frankly very dumb, and very selfish.

So Slimothy - try and think about the larger issues, and others for a change, not just yourself.

Consider yourself spanked.

Last edited:

bb_matt

Executive Member
Good points LGM, this forum made me eventually decide to cancel with Sentech.

BTW, can you quit the "mods please delete offtopic posts" cr@p now, I think we've got the message.

slimothy

Banned
I resent the comments about my inability to understand irony and sarcasm. I find when you write comments to me you seem to have a superiority complex (as well as other forum users). You are not smarter than anyone, so stop trying to act like it.

As for consumption of goods and services... it is a selfish thing. You do need to worry about you and no one else. If consumers were to think like you then we just stay and moan and threaten to leave then nothing would change. Threatening doesn't do anything. If you are unhappy you just leave it is that simple. 99% of the bad comments I hear about Sentech is from customers who took thier money elsewhere and continued to 'bad mouth' the company. The only reason Telkom doesn't have to change its business practices is because you can't take your money elsewhere, because it is a legal monopoly, however this is not the case with WBS, so just leave.

If you are stupid enough to pay for something you're not getting then you deserve to be in the position you are in. The sheep are people like you.

Last edited:

slimothy

Banned
lol he posts, I respond then he goes back and edits his post to change the points I responded to, why do I even bother

LoneGunman

Expert Member
Dear Slimothy, you are a silly person. I'm sure you're an adult. But you are a silly person.
I quote you "You do need to worry about you and no one else. If consumers were to think like you then we just stay and moan and threaten to leave then nothing would change."

I would suggest to you that the folks who took part on and off forum in actions against Sentech, did more than moan and threaten to leave..

You are selfish (and that's fine) but you are trying to make your own selfishness somehow sound like its A Good Method Of Consumer Activism, (which is very silly)

Suggesting that those who stuck it out with Sentech, and tried to make them change, are 'sheep' - is bizarre. Your self-obsessed concern only with your own welfare is just selfishness, which you are trying to dress up as being 'a clever consumer attitude'.
It isn't.
Its just selfishness, and an immature threatened urge to attack any slightly more principled or wider stance on the issues involved, because its threatening your own bubble of Selfishness.

Dear Pot, shush now, love Kettle. :)

nocilah

Banned
eh... LGM I am with you... smells like Sentech all the way... I also phoned 2 minutes ago and the 'network is fine' ...HA HA HA HA HA...

local is good international is crap... problem resolved...

Another wireless joke in SA

slimothy

Banned
LoneGunman said:
I would suggest to you that the folks who took part on and off forum in actions against Sentech, did more than moan and threaten to leave..
exactly and nothing changed, or are you saying that thier actions made Sentech change thier ways to deliver a worthwhile service... if so just go to Sentech.

Business is about money, if they don't have your money they have a problem. We are not communists, I don't get iBurst because I'm trying to help you out, I couldn't care if your service is marvelous or not (and if I do care its only because I'm worried it might affect me) so why even bring up the selfish point. Am I selfish? Duh, but then again so is everyone when it comes to thier money.

You have no idea wether I am an adult or not so I'd appreciate if you didn't try make personal remarks, play the point no the man (or boy, woman or girl)

Dear kettle, STFU, kthx

slimothy

Banned
Just an addition, I'm not saying no one should talk about thier bad service, on the contrary you should tell everyone you know and post on forums, shout it fromt he roof tops, but don't continue to get shafted by paying for soemthing you don't get.

check this out http://www.hellopeter.com/search.asp?searchby=1000&mainsearch=1&keyword=iburst

thats a popular forum for both consumers and companies alike, I put it to everyone that you should continue to post at places like this and that, however there is only so much anyone can take. Are you willing to keep complaining to no avail for 2 years while WBS takes your money? There are alternatives to WBS, so complain to get problems sorted but if they continue to provide bad service (which WBS obviously do to what I would consider alot of people, perhaps a majority) then take your money elsewhere and continue to bad mouth them. It's the only way.

guest2013-1

slimothy, as a part of being there, facing sentech and participating in these forums, I can, with pride, say that we did make a change, we raised hell, and even the people with little to no knowledge about pc's and the internet, knows about Sentech and how crap they are.

iBurst (according to the moneyweb article) sits with 4000 users now, thats 5 days after they officially launched. Sentech took 8 months just to get 3000 users, and when their promises again failed, we took action and cancelled it. So much so, that December, they had less than 1200 users left.

They have since then re-packaged their offerings because of the ASA complaints we made and is (to my knowledge) busy changing their network AGAIN to try (hahahaha) and get their consumers better speeds.

slimothy, i see you're unable to think "bigger picture" here. But if you look at the Sentech situation, we effectively stunted their growth and it will literally take them YEARS just to get back on track and shrug off the bad publicity they endured.

You remind me of myself once, back when I was young and stupid.