EvoNet has just cancelled all ADSL accounts.

ekske1

Expert Member
I have in my possession official communications from Openserve to Paul Hjul stating that Crystal Web’s ability to render access services on Openserve’s physical network was discontinued on 16 November 2018. From that point on, neither Hjul nor Crystal Web retain any capability to manage access services on active DSL or fibre services on Openserve’s infrastructure, which includes moving them into the holding pool. 16 November was a Friday. The batch move to the holding pool took place on Wednesday, 21 November.
:unsure:

Hi,

I was with Crystal Web (who were actually quite nice and their support was somewhat helpful), but after the EvoNet switch-over it's just been a ****ing disaster. On the 28th of February (about 4 hours before my debit order was due to come off) they sent the email saying they are canceling all LTE offerings effective immediately. So R840 odd was taken off my account and when I asked about getting my money back they said "refunds will be processed by the end of next week" (i.e. 15th March). It is now the 1st of April and I have not received the money and they are not replying to my emails.

What can I do?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hi,

I was with Crystal Web (who were actually quite nice and their support was somewhat helpful), but after the EvoNet switch-over it's just been a ****ing disaster. On the 28th of February (about 4 hours before my debit order was due to come off) they sent the email saying they are canceling all LTE offerings effective immediately. So R840 odd was taken off my account and when I asked about getting my money back they said "refunds will be processed by the end of next week" (i.e. 15th March). It is now the 1st of April and I have not received the money and they are not replying to my emails.

What can I do?
Maybe ask bank to reverse it?

brentg

Hi Guys

I had my Telkom ADSL line with Crystal Web now that they gone I tried upgrading my line but Telkom says I dont have ADSL line connected to my number???

what do I do now?

SAguy

Expert Member
Hi Guys

I had my Telkom ADSL line with Crystal Web now that they gone I tried upgrading my line but Telkom says I dont have ADSL line connected to my number???

what do I do now?
Mine was a similar mess, but I was trying to cancel my ADSL and Telkom line.
Telkom told me there was no ADSL on my line, but that was because CW dropped my ADSL portion into a black hole.

Telkom couldn't move my adsl portion back, cancel it, nothing - the Telkom agent I spoke to actually told me sorry, there is nothing they can do and I will just have to keep paying for my Telkom line indefinitely... nice hey.

Anyhow, my only solution was to contact OpenServe on Twitter and Facebook and give them my story - they managed to sort things out in a week.

brentg

Mine was a similar mess, but I was trying to cancel my ADSL and Telkom line.
Telkom told me there was no ADSL on my line, but that was because CW dropped my ADSL portion into a black hole.

Telkom couldn't move my adsl portion back, cancel it, nothing - the Telkom agent I spoke to actually told me sorry, there is nothing they can do and I will just have to keep paying for my Telkom line indefinitely... nice hey.

Anyhow, my only solution was to contact OpenServe on Twitter and Facebook and give them my story - they managed to sort things out in a week.
Awesome. Thanks so much. Sent them a message now ;)

cavedog

Honorary Master
Openserve now only does fibre. They also cant assist me. Any advice how to get my line in a holding pool?
To get your line from the holding pool before it ultimately gets cancelled for being in the holding pool too long you need to either migrate it back to Telkom so place a order with Telkom for a DSL line only or you need to have an ISP grab it from the holding pool like Mweb, Infogro, RSAweb, Axxess, Vox, Level-7 ect ect and they can migrade the line to them.

CONSUMER

Thank you cavedog. I spoke to Telkom.... They said there is nothing they can do. It looks like I only have a voiceline. I am in the process of getting fibre. I just hope telkom will not have an issue canceling my non existint adsl line.... I will keep you posted

Peon

Expert Member
Silly stupid question. I thought Crystal Web was doing so well? Why did they tank?

EDIT: Read the NAG article, never mind.

Last edited:

ekske1

Expert Member

Anakha56

Anyone manage to get a refund processed yet? I ask because since 28 Feb they are still unable to give me any idea when I am getting my money back:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We truly understand your frustration and apologize sincerely for this inconvenience.
Your ticket remains open on our system until this matter has been resolved.
Management are following up on a regular basis with the accountants / auditors and once we get final clearance from them your payment will be done.
Kind regards
ICASA are toothless in this and my ticket with them is not being updated and they themselves are not bothering with updating me. Looks like small claims court is the only option here and even then I am not hopeful...

Cartier22

Anyone manage to get a refund processed yet? I ask because since 28 Feb they are still unable to give me any idea when I am getting my money back:

ICASA are toothless in this and my ticket with them is not being updated and they themselves are not bothering with updating me. Looks like small claims court is the only option here and even then I am not hopeful...
Still no refund done. Received the same email, though it's beyond me how auditors have anything to with this :ROFL:
They knew they were discontinuing this service (and all of 30 mins notice to customer), how did they not have a refund list in place as they had to have known they took peoples money and happily took it before the discontinuation, but seems they are not happy to give it back where it legally belongs......

National Consumer Commission may be another option to look at.

Last edited:

gamer16

Executive Member
Still no refund done. Received the same email, though it's beyond me how auditors have anything to with this :ROFL:
They knew they were discontinuing this service (and all of 30 mins notice to customer), how did they not have a refund list in place as they had to have known they took peoples money and happily took it before the discontinuation, but seems they are not happy to give it back where it legally belongs......
Well if you're going to run away you at least try to grab a bit of cake or something as you run out the door.

Anakha56

Well ICASA has now put my case into Telkom's domain. I am not sure what Telkom is going to do and I am questioning ICASA on this because Telkom, as far as I can see, cant really take Evonet to task. This should be handled by ICASA shouldn't it?