Evotel Fibre, but using a different ISP than the ones that they provided

craigba

Hi guys,

Quick one, Evotel installed a OAN in our complex (and have messed up power lines, left "nice-looking" trenches all over and have pretty much taken 3 months to do an installation and are still not done.

They did, however, have the audacity to have an open day to try and push some products with their "linked" ISP's

I imagine, that it being their infrastructure (they installed for free), that we have to use the deals that they've set out (they get a kickback from each ISP I assume). Is it possible to use a different ISP than what they've supplied, with a different package?

I know ethically this is a bit dodgy, but I refuse to give someone my business when they have stuffed up so badly.

Are all my above assumptions correct?

Craig

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi guys,

Quick one, Evotel installed a OAN in our complex (and have messed up power lines, left "nice-looking" trenches all over and have pretty much taken 3 months to do an installation and are still not done.

They did, however, have the audacity to have an open day to try and push some products with their "linked" ISP's

I imagine, that it being their infrastructure (they installed for free), that we have to use the deals that they've set out (they get a kickback from each ISP I assume). Is it possible to use a different ISP than what they've supplied, with a different package?

I know ethically this is a bit dodgy, but I refuse to give someone my business when they have stuffed up so badly.

Are all my above assumptions correct?

Craig
They don't get kickbacks from the ISP, they just charge a line rental as normal. You can use any supported ISP on Evotel which is most I believe.

craigba

So, they charge a line rental (which is obviously included in the packages they have advertised)...
I'll see if I can find out what it is (might be cheaper to still pay this and go on a different package (although I somehow doubt it)...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So, they charge a line rental (which is obviously included in the packages they have advertised)...
I'll see if I can find out what it is (might be cheaper to still pay this and go on a different package (although I somehow doubt it)...
Yeap correct, what do you mean about "pay this"

Clayman

Avoid EvoTel. They are a bunch of useless agents who will sell your "open access" network to Vodacom and end the "open access" right there.