EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Cape Town family alleges torture at hands of police

schumi

Honorary Master
CAPE TOWN - A Cape Town family is taking the South African Police Service to court after what it claims are repeated incidents of police brutality.

The couple’s house in the gang-infested suburb of Elsies River has allegedly been raided more than 20 times over the past two years.

SAPS members have seemingly used brutal tactics to interrogate inhabitants.

The latest incident has been caught on CCTV.

According to Natasha Bruwers, the police began bashing through their front walls and kicking down the doors in August 2013.

Link to video : http://www.enca.com/south-africa/video

azbob

Honorary Master
If you choose to live in a gang-infested area, you deserve it.

azbob

Honorary Master
Victim Blaming :erm:

My bad, I thought that was the mybb rhetoric. Like when civilians get bombed for living amongst terrorists then it's ok.

Oh and you missed the italic font.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Just me or does the house look like a shabeen? Multiple TV monitors in the bar area etc.

Demon7

Expert Member
Drug den and shabeen, yes, more than likely.
Look at that woman and all the gold in her mouth...

Playing the victim.. lol.

AntiGanda

Banned
Drug den and shabeen, yes, more than likely.
Look at that woman and all the gold in her mouth...

Playing the victim.. lol.
I think you miss the point. If police did assault him and torture him as the video indicates, the result is case gets thrown out and police get barred by injunction. So an undesirable outcome for all.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
My house has never been raided 20 times during the last 2 years. I wonder why? I am also quite sure this "victim's" neighbours have also not been raided.

This is an illegal shebeen/drug house. Finish and klaar. And all these "softspoken" victims with all their prison chappies that the cameraman was very careful NOT to film.

Cry me a river.

AntiGanda

Banned
My house has never been raided 20 times during the last 2 years. I wonder why? I am also quite sure this "victim's" neighbours have also not been raided.

This is an illegal shebeen/drug house. Finish and klaar. And all these "softspoken" victims with all their prison chappies that the cameraman was very careful NOT to film.

Cry me a river.
So you support police brutality as long as it's not on you?

Viva

Expert Member
The victim-blaming in this thread is appalling. No circumstances can justify the crimes the police committed in this videos. They can't appoint themselves judge and then punish the "guilty".

I hope they get their day in court. Also, is it just me or are the policeman all white? Could this police brutality be motivated by race hate?

Last edited:

dtj

Also, is it just me or are the policeman all white? Could this police brutality be motivated by race hate?

There it is, the race card.... Bet you had a hard time explaining why the black police shot and killed the black criminal the other day, right? LOL

USZA

Executive Member
The victim-blaming in this thread is appalling. No circumstances can justify the crimes the police committed in this videos. They can't appoint themselves judge and then punish the "guilty".

Ok, I'm with you on this part but, then again, it's par for the course on here, and any dissenting voices usually gets shouted down.

I hope they get their day in court. Also, is it just me or are the policeman all white? Could this police brutality be motivated by race hate?

No, the policemen aren't white, and this is not a race thing. Some policemen just seem to have a God-mentality.