Expect a massive petrol price drop in December

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed

The AA has stated that motorists can expect a “massive fuel price reduction” in December.

The drop could be tempered by adjustments in the retail and wholesale margin, however, and “the possible continued use of the Slate Levy”, it added.

cr@zydude

Executive Member

The AA has stated that motorists can expect a “massive fuel price reduction” in December.

The drop could be tempered by adjustments in the retail and wholesale margin, however, and “the possible continued use of the Slate Levy”, it added.
Slate levy should decline, as we pay off part of the 'price freeze'. Also, if the levy stays unchanged, that doesn't reduce the number which the AA is quoting, as they are using the over recovery in the basic fuel prices.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Slate levy should decline, as we pay off part of the 'price freeze'. Also, if the levy stays unchanged, that doesn't reduce the number which the AA is quoting, as they are using the over recovery in the basic fuel prices.
Not one bit of that made sense to me :laugh: I'm still undecided if what you mentioned is good news or bad :ROFL:
Sounds like you really know what you're talking about though .

VegOtter

but watch... None of the other industries that are first to hike their prices when the fuel price increases will adjust back down. Things like food, taxi's, etc...

blaaislaai

Executive Member
So the government is done gathering enough funds after the October hike. Consumers can have some slight relieve now. Yay :rolleyes:

McT

The Humble Scot!
Massive enough to make me fill up just enough to drag my car through to 5 December

Sanzer

but watch... None of the other industries that are first to hike their prices when the fuel price increases will adjust back down. Things like food, taxi's, etc...
If only there was a way to force them...

voldoverse

lol i love how they still waffle out all these intricate explanations of why it went up or down. the answer is a simple one every time and we all know what it is...

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
Oil price is down about 30% and we get about 10% reduction.
And we are happy about a price drop.

Craig

Honorary Master
Whenever I read I thread about the petrol price I have this urge to swear at the fools in charge. If they do their jobs properly this country would be prosperous, I'm sure we have the means and the human capital for this.

ekske1

Executive Member
Whenever I read I thread about the petrol price I have this urge to swear at the fools in charge. If they do their jobs properly this country would be prosperous, I'm sure we have the means and the human capital for this.
Next time do not vote anc? :p