Expect another big petrol price increase in August

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Is there a way that I can de-activate a cylinder or two in my engine to save petrol????? :crylaugh::crylaugh:

Jirre ..... where is this going to stop????

Last edited:

Acid0

Expert Member
Guess they need more $$$ for those SOE's.

Have you not heard the RAF is broke and dont have any chairs........ we need to help them they are struggling

We will soon see more Vespas on the road just to counter the burden a bit.

Maybe this would be an awesome time to convince the wife I need a motorcycle again ......

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
“Despite government promises to have another look at the 1% VAT increase, nothing has happened so far,” added Roets.

Of course they ****ing haven't. Did you really expect them to? :crylaugh:

hj007

Not to be flippant, but:
If you live anywhere further than 15km from work, if you are middle class, move closer to work, then take the bus or cycle. Vehicles are expensive if you're just working to fund them.

If you live in outlying areas because you are poor then you might need to find a roommate and share, get accomodation on your work premises...

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Not to be flippant, but:
If you live anywhere further than 15km from work, if you are middle class, move closer to work, then take the bus or cycle. Vehicles are expensive if you're just working to fund them.

If you live in outlying areas because you are poor then you might need to find a roommate and share, get accomodation on your work premises...

:wtf:

Who the **** wants to live in Joburg? I lived in Randburg for 4 years, best thing I've done is move away.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
And another in August, September, October...
cANCer is going for gold to punish us for forcing them to get rid of ZOOMER

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Not to be flippant, but:

Because moving is so easy, you just do it. No need to consider availability or the cost involved in the move or that the rent may be more. If you own a house just put it on the market and buy a new one. It's that simple right?

geezer

Expert Member
This is why I'll keep on cycling to work, as I have been doing for about 30 years now, even if it is as cold as it was this morning....
Temperature.jpg

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Because moving is so easy, you just do it. No need to consider availability or the cost involved in the move or that the rent may be more. If you own a house just put it on the market and buy a new one. It's that simple right?

Of course, this is MyBB, the people here live in paperwork fairy land for the most part

hj007

:wtf:

Who the **** wants to live in Joburg? I lived in Randburg for 4 years, best thing I've done is move away.

Not sure why you sound so angry or what Joburg has to do with anything? :(
It's a fact that vehicles have a poor opportunity cost attached them in many aspects and that living close to work is a good lifestyle benefit including more free time. Do you have an alternative suggestion to increasing fuel costs?

hj007

Yes pretty much. You make financial choices every day and now it's time to make another one in regards to higher fuel costs. I don't see why that would make you sarcastic but increased costs are a fact for every person and there are real impacts to poor and middle class working people.

Rabobi

Honorary Master
It's a fact that vehicles have a poor opportunity cost attached them in many aspects and that living close to work is a good lifestyle benefit including more free time. Do you have an alternative suggestion to increasing fuel costs?

And on paper you make sense. Pity we dont live on paper. Most IT consultant type people dont work in one place every day u know

hj007

This is why I'll keep on cycling to work, as I have been doing for about 30 years now, even if it is as cold as it was this morning....
View attachment 533709

Thumb's up! And I reckon you arrive at work happier too without road rage and more free time cause you don't need to double up on the gym sessions.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Not to mention safety factor cycling to work. Cyclists get mugged for their bikes in these parts.

Luckily I'm still a tank a month.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Not in all areas.