EXPERIENCE: I took a Greyhound bus and survived

Roman avril

LOL, you wanted them to charge you more so you could feel good about it? *shrugs* I never noticed any maintenance issues with the important parts of the bus (e.g. worn tyres or squeeky brakes). Sure there were no niceties like onboard catering, and the USB ports in the seat invariably never worked (far less the free wi-fi), but who cared? I paid general more more my two Uber trips and Gautrain within Gauteng than my entire return trip of 900km. That's a business model and a half, that enables that sort of pricing.
I think it would have been better if they did charge higher prices. Intercape doesn't do that mistake. Taxi is 260,they charged me 310 and bus was surprisingly full. My sadness is down to never getting a chance to be on a dreamliner. They're aren't even that much pics of it on the Web

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
I think it would have been better if they did charge higher prices. Intercape doesn't do that mistake. Taxi is 260,they charged me 310 and bus was surprisingly full. My sadness is down to never getting a chance to be on a dreamliner. They're aren't even that much pics of it on the Web
Well I think the Intercape Sleep Liner is still running, so it's basically the same sort of experience. I think Greyhound's was a bit more spacious though.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
I'm confused. Dreamliner and sleep liner are the same bus model?
Are they really? I'm not a bus nerd so I wouldn't know. But I took the Intercape Sleep Liner many years ago ... and I don't recall it being exactly the same as the Greyhound Dream Liner. *shrugs* Then again memory ain't what it used to be.

Roman avril

Are they really? I'm not a bus nerd so I wouldn't know. But I took the Intercape Sleep Liner many years ago ... and I don't recall it being exactly the same as the Greyhound Dream Liner. *shrugs* Then again memory ain't what it used to be.
Nah they definitely not. U said it yourself, they dreamliner is more spacious and I saw the front overhang is way longer. Now I'm back to being even more sad. Intercape is boring honestly. They try to brainwash u into singing hallelujah