Experts calls for immediate level 5 hard lockdown for Gauteng, MAC and SAMA disagree

markings

Expert Member
Yep. There was one in Cape Town as well which I think has been closed. And I wonder why because we haven't really stopped talking about the next wave and even though the Vax is not a cure it was and still is slow in coming. I guess we should be glad a lot of older folk are not taking the vaccine?
The Western Cape changed their policy. Instead of building temporary facilities which are then removed again and are lost to the health system they decided to expand the capacity of existing hospitals and make that permanent. This looks like a sensible thing to do.

joshuatree

Expert Member
https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...aphosa-is-planning-for-hard-level-5-lockdown/

President Cyril Ramaphosa is planning to take South Africa back to level 5 lockdown for 21 days, according to EFF leader Julius Malema.

Malema was speaking to Newzroom Afrika’s Xoli Mngambi on Tuesday.

He said he had it on good authority that Ramaphosa was planning to take South Africa to a hard level 5 lockdown.

“You do not need to quote me, I am live, the man is plotting to take us back to level 5,” Malema said.

-----------

Off to Checkers for wine I think.

netstrider

Expert Member
https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...aphosa-is-planning-for-hard-level-5-lockdown/

President Cyril Ramaphosa is planning to take South Africa back to level 5 lockdown for 21 days, according to EFF leader Julius Malema.

He said he had it on good authority that Ramaphosa was planning to take South Africa to a hard level 5 lockdown.

“You do not need to quote me, I am live, the man is plotting to take us back to level 5,” Malema said.

-----------

He has changed his tune to stay relevant.

This is what he is saying now:

“The unemployed youth of South Africa need jobs. [Lockdown] level 3 will not give them jobs. Gatherings will not give them jobs. What will give them jobs is a vaccine and the reopening of a country so they can go hunting [for jobs]. We are excluded from the economy.”

This is what he said last year.

South Africa would remain on Covid-19 lockdown level 5 if the EFF was in power - even if it meant collapsing the economy.
Malema said the government’s decision to ease the lockdown was not based on scientific evidence and would lead to more people contracting and dying from the virus.

LCBXX

Honorary Master

Flashgear

Flashgear
Would love to know the retarded "experts" barking this utter garbage they call knowledgeable information. *Double Facepalm*

Surely its blatant enough to see this is all for political gain and outright theft now.

Really not sure why we as a nation are not mass protesting this bullshit. Good old Cyril and his kronies.

-----------

Think Malema is talking rubbish in all honesty.

grok

Honorary Master
Count me in. One needs to wonder whether their poor choices are made with malice or due to ignorance.
Think about how our minster of health was too busy getting his.. Uhm.. digital vibe on to worry about pandemix & stuff..

The perfect example of how corruption doesn't affect Africans, according to his excellency dumass emperor without clothes jacob the gupta butternut III..

semaphore

Honorary Master

mjzar

I agree with the sentiment here, it's too late to do anything

But we shouldn't be shocked. They've failed in every aspect: procuring medical facilities, vaccine rollout, enforcing basic preventative measures...