Experts calls for immediate level 5 hard lockdown for Gauteng, MAC and SAMA disagree

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

sand_man

Honorary Master
What is this story about his iPad. I saw memes of it in the funny pictures thread and was like WTF is going on? But I dont think I care enough to google it.
He misplaced it during a media briefing. His address, that he was about to present, was on it. One of his staff had it... wasn't stolen, just misplaced...

Last edited:

Napalm

Expert Member
people apparently laying on strechers... some expire before they can get a bed. Sitting in lobby's and waiting area's for 2-3 days in a queue

watch that vid fully . it's 15min.. but it's worrying as heck. They saying it like it is

Forum Reader

You can actually. There was zero measurable statistical signal in the infection rate in response to any of the level changes, mask mandates, etc.

Like many other governments, we seem to steadfastly ignore this inconvenient but glaringly obvious fact, and press on with restrictions that damage the economy but do precisely nothing to curb the spread. In fact, I strongly suspect future historians, with the objectivity of time, are going to look at this and wonder just exactly what our politicians were thinking.

This is the first wave, but the second wave was no different in terms of any discernible change in the curve brought about by increasing or decreasing the interventions:

View attachment 1094031

I suppose the reason it has no effect here is because only a small portion of the population has the privilege to work from home. I know I can't get the virus if I just stay at home (and also live alone). So for me as an individual, lockdown did make a difference as I am at home instead of the office where I may have got infected.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
What is this story about his iPad. I saw memes of it in the funny pictures thread and was like WTF is going on? But I dont think I care enough to google it.
Nothing. He did not lose, it was not stolen, he was trying to be funny and the mic was still open.

sand_man

Honorary Master
If you click on the country name it's 48th... See what I did, you can play with graphs and numbers and things as much as you want.
8th in the new cases race, piped by Indonesia, Russia dnd the UK for that elusive 5th place.

Would be interesting to have a positivity rate column?