Experts urge Ramaphosa to fire officials who caused vaccine procurement delays

zophas

Expert Member
What kind of ploy does the ANC have to let this happen to innocent people. What gain is there for them.
We are reactive instead of proactive, if the infection rate and death rate does not urge them to fast track this vaccine then we doomed.

I have COVID for the past few days and it’s no joke, it kills if your immune system can’t fight it. The guavamint will have blood on their hands and put them in a worst spot when it comes to local elections again.
Why would the ANC worry about election results? You still think the ANC could lose an election in South Africa?
That will not happen even in your grandkids lifetime.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Why would the ANC worry about election results? You still think the ANC could lose an election in South Africa?
That will not happen even in your grandkids lifetime.
I think he is looking at it more broadly that just winning or losing, a reduced majority is something that will concern them greatly.

zophas

Expert Member
I think he is looking at it more broadly that just winning or losing, a reduced majority is something that will concern them greatly.
Yes, you are right. I guess opposition parties need to get their backsides in gear if this country hopes to see a decent future.

wernervn

Petec

Expert Member
I would love to know where a phat percentage of almost a trillion Rand has gone since this whole debacle started.
Funds for financial workers' support, funds for being added to the international vaccine queue, funds for kitting out hospitals and getting out PPE products, etc, etc.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
I'm surprised there isn't a tenderpreneur rush on this. This is gonna end up being a multi-billion expenditure. Normally the powers that be are quite keen to tack a "value add" consortium of tenderpreneurs onto stuff like that.

Would have been preferable over this floundering...10% money lost on greasing a couple of palms facilitation and local beneficiation & then at least it moves.

This is mentioned frequently in different news articles, but how is it relevant for South African vaccine availability?

Sounds like we won't have access to it: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/28/world/africa/covid-19-vaccines-south-africa.html

Maybe MyBB can do an article on this?
It's highly relevant. How did SA manage to get into a situation where it can produce the stuff local but not have it available local. That's an epic fail

/dev/null

Expert Member
I have not seen any report about a covid-19 vaccine being approved by any organisation that approves such things in South Africa, so it's probably illegal or at the least against protocol for government to have put down a deposit for medicine that has not been approved by our medicine people.

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
I have not seen any report about a covid-19 vaccine being approved by any organisation that approves such things in South Africa, so it's probably illegal or at the least against protocol for government to have put down a deposit for medicine that has not been approved by our medicine people.
You don't even know who "our medicine people" are, how would you notice any approval?

Here

/dev/null

Expert Member
You don't even know who "our medicine people" are, how would you notice any approval?

Here

Oh, those are the medicine people. Looks like they haven't approved any vaccine yet, so government shouldn't be procuring any vaccine for the time being.

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
Oh, those are the medicine people. Looks like they haven't approved any vaccine yet, so government shouldn't be procuring any vaccine for the time being.
Thankfully you're not in charge.
And do tell how the approval process looks... I'm keen to hear your take on how it should go.
I assume you think we get test sample freebies because Nelson Mandela was born here. We certainly don't manufacture them. We rely on information from our partners and have to assess that and make a call. The developers have only just released and approved them.

Last edited: