Expired License renewal During Lockdown

renaldogg

Hi,

Does anybody know the procedure for driving with an expired Drivers License during the Lock down to and from work?

We went to renew the license but they told us that we should make a booking. As we proceeded online to make a booking it seems that there are no available bookings anywhere near us.

I called the Customer support line and the lady simply said she won't be able to advice me on our current situation.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Your card expires, not the drivers license itself. All that will happen is you will have to get a temp license when this is all over.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Worth a shot, the biggest concern is being pulled over. Not sure how the Police will handle the situation.
No reason they should be treat you badly as long as you dont fly off the handle at them.
It should be obvious that due to the extreme circumstance we find ourselves in that certain departments such as licencing etc will not be functioning and the fact that your licence requires renewing within the lockdown time is not your fault.

renaldogg

No reason they should be treat you badly as long as you dont fly off the handle at them.
It should be obvious that due to the extreme circumstance we find ourselves in that certain departments such as licencing etc will not be functioning and the fact that your licence requires renewing within the lockdown time is not your fault.
Thank you for the advise I had the same idea always cooperate with Law Enforcement. Hopefully SAPS will be mindful of the situation.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
source.gif

Tovad

The curve should expand in time - the curve area should be more or less similar...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I renewed my drivers more than a month ago, got the message to collect it today and it wasn't there. Then I got asked how I received notice, showed the notice and got shrugged off. They will be closed for the duration of the lockdown.

BTW, a temporary driver's licence is valid for 6 months ;)

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
I saw on one article that there will be a 14 day grace period after the lockdown is lifted to renew licences. Apologies, I don't have a link.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
The minister said that licenses expiring during lockdown will be condoned.

Hi, can somebody please direct me to do a booking to renew my drivers licence? I have had a look on all the web pages but cant seem to find anything please help. Regards Francois

LaraC

Honorary Master
Just realized that my vehicle licence also expired on 31 March. So I'm in the same boat. Need to renew it when lockdown ends and will probably catch Covid19 at the same time.
Can't you renew it at your Post Office? :eek:

Dan C

Honorary Master
Get a Toyota avanza , you don't need a license for that