Explosive new report accuses De Lille administration of Financial Irregularities

3WA

Honorary Master
Cape Town councillors will be asked to decide on Thursday whether to report mayor Patricia de Lille to the police after a forensic investigation said criminal charges should be considered against her and several other officials.

A 2‚000-page report by law firm Bowman Gilfillan‚ made available to councillors electronically on Saturday‚ claims De Lille and former city manager Achmat Ebrahim broke the law when they failed to tell the council about irregular payments in 2015.

The report also recommended that council is obligated to report suspected acts of corruption relating to a tender for electric buses and that the city take disciplinary procedures against mayoral committee member for transport and urban development Brett Herron and suspended transport and urban development authority commissioner Melissa Whitehead for their alleged misconduct in the tender process.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/politic...e-administration-of-financial-irregularities/

3WA

Honorary Master
Here we go again. Let's hope one side finishes the job this time.

koeks525

Expert Member
Oh my goodness... just when I thought the mess stopped. This is getting boring - we need a concrete conclusion now.

Let me prepare my tea cup as I anticipate another messy De Lille / DA battle :coffee:

Stephen

Expert Member
Oh no !!!

Another fresh round of 'I personally know 150 000 people who wont vote for the DA and go to the EFF, because of this'

Dont touch the Glorious Leader

3WA

Honorary Master
Oh no !!!

Another fresh round of 'I personally know 150 000 people who wont vote for the DA and go to the EFF, because of this'

Dont touch the Glorious Leader

To be honest, if solid evidence against De Lille emerges, I'll think more highly of the DA. They would have taken a principled stance even in the face of bad publicity and damage to their brand.

The nature of South African politics is that crooks are going to get appointed (we simply don't have enough honest people to form a government) but the question is what gets done once the crooks are discovered in your party's ranks.

And what do you do if you shuffled a crook from the Mayor's Office to Parliament?

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Nothing new here. Bowman Gilfillan investigated the original accusations and seems to have found them to be valid. Recommendations are made on actions to be taken. So what we have here are the findings and recommendations and not new "explosive" revelations.

Council will study the report and decide whether to implement the recommendations. If so then criminal charges will be made to the Police which starts a whole new process that will take a long time as the defendants will have legal support that will oppose the accusations. In such a criminal case more investigations will be done which may lead to
different outcomes than expected.

Last edited: