EXPOSED: The Unisa employee who manufactures fake news to divide SA

BTTB

Last edited:

blowdart18

If you actually read the article they must be making a fair amount of money through advertising, I don't think the fake news is being used to divide SA but rather drive enormous amounts of traffic to the sites.

surface

Expert Member
“silverton, Pretora”. The level of journalism and the lack of editorial checks. Sad.
Do you think editor should be responsible to correct other people's tweet as well?

(sic)
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/sic/

The tweet, pictured below, featured the face of a black man next to a crying white girl under the headline: "Meet a man who raped a 6 years old girl at Dros silverton, Pretora in man's toilet." (sic)

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Do you think editor should be responsible to correct other people's tweet as well?

(sic)
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/sic/

The tweet, pictured below, featured the face of a black man next to a crying white girl under the headline: "Meet a man who raped a 6 years old girl at Dros silverton, Pretora in man's toilet." (sic)
Why would I? A tweet has nothing to do with an article published in a mainstream newspaper.

Sweevo

Honorary Master
Can we all vote for their domains to be added to the various Adblock lists? How about flagging them as malware sites with Google?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I once read about a journalist who admitted to generating over R60k pm through his fake news site. He said his primary goal was to make money. I don't know if it's true but...

Voicy

Honorary Master
“silverton, Pretora”. The level of journalism and the lack of editorial checks. Sad.
Just have a look at the amount of times the journalist couldn't get the website right. It changes from *stories.co.za to *storie.co.za and back throughout.