EXPOSED: The Unisa employee who manufactures fake news to divide SA

John Tempus

Actually pleasantly surprised with a rather brief but detailed writeup by news24. Any average reader would be able to follow the story and make sense of it.

ninj.ga

Karmic Sangoma
If you actually read the article they must be making a fair amount of money through advertising, I don't think the fake news is being used to divide SA but rather drive enormous amounts of traffic to the sites.
Its a hack bad people use with people.

Primary objective is to spread through anger. It is both financial and political, the two feed each other.

skimread

Executive Member
Where is the same anger by all the people who got angry about an old unemployed geriatric Penny Sparrow who used the m word in a single social media post ? This guy registered many websites created to resemble legitimate news sites using blatantly false stories to get hits. He made money from hate speech. His hate speech was planned,not just blurted out and I imagine he created stories and managed the sites while at work at a university and the South African tax payer and students pay for his salary.

He should make the headlines of all newspapers and deal with his case immediately in a matter no less than Penny Sparrow. Fired with immediate effect
The police and NPA should prosecute him as he incite people to hate. I know of international bloggers and YouTube bloggers who quoted his stories as truth. This has negative impact on investment, tourism and marketing of this country. He should be dealt with so decisively and not just for slandering for spreading hate speech.

Somehow I don't think he will get the attention from government he deserves. If this gets the press it deserves then what about Victoria Geoghan and her father , The Guptas, EFF, ANC with their exaggerated white monopoly campaigns to distract people from their looting. You have to treat everyone the same. If a legal precedent gets created then others who use the same method to incite people could be found guilty through the case law this case creates. For this reason I think government won't prosecute him for hate speech

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Geriatric? Sounds like fake news.
Google:
geriatric
adjective
1.relating to old people, especially with regard to their health care.
"a geriatric hospital"

noun
1.an old person, especially one receiving special care.
"a rest home for geriatrics"
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...ow-will-probably-die-in-hiding-says-daughter/

With failing eyesight and deteriorating health‚
racist realtor Penny Sparrow will likely die in hiding.
The Equality Court last year slapped the 70-year-old grandmother with a R150 000 fine‚ which she had to pay after two months.
:unsure:

Nope, not fake news.

quovadis

Expert Member
Half of the “adverts” of recommended content below articles on major news sites is generally made up of the same “fake” news articles.

schumi

Honorary Master
Unisa silent on action against fake news staffer

The University of South Africa (Unisa) remains mum on the outcome of an investigation into one of its staff members identified as a fake news kingpin.
Following a News24 investigation earlier last month, it was revealed that William Mahlatse Ramatseba, an office administrator working at Unisa's Sunnyside campus, was the creator of Mzansistories.com and Allnews.co.za, two websites known for publishing false, defamatory and insensitive articles.
At the time, Unisa indicated that they were conducting an investigation into Ramatseba's conduct.
Now, more than a month after the expose, Unisa has yet to confirm the outcome of any of its investigations, or the steps taken against Ramatseba.
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/unisa-silent-on-action-against-fake-news-staffer-20181205

ponder

Honorary Master
I can't recall the wording, but it was pretty rude, inappropriate, and off topic...
Nah, it was entirely on topic dealing with the legal double standards, societies double standards and idiots in denial of what's going on. You chose to be offended and opted to have a dissenting opinion silenced.

Gordon_R

Expert Member
Nah, it was entirely on topic dealing with the legal double standards, societies double standards and idiots in denial of what's going on. You chose to be offended and opted to have a dissenting opinion silenced.
I don't recall it meeting any of those criteria, and the moderators deleted it, not me.

I'm pretty tolerant, and not easily triggered. The last time was when Rouxenator called me an old fart...

Gordon_R

Expert Member
But you endorse censorship. You win.

/slow clap
WTF does your petty feud have to do with the fact that a Unisa employee is distributing fake news??

Your response validates my reason for reporting the post, You probably are him...